1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Storage

Discussion in 'Enigmatica 2 Expert' started by AgentMadelor, Mar 30, 2019.

1. AgentMadelor

AgentMadelor Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    5:17 AM
    Anyone got some good storage tips for this modpack? No Jabba barrels.... Also can't use a dolly to move full chests around....

2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:17 PM
    Pretty sure it has storage drawers for early game storage. Also iron chest mod which is always my first choice when I need to get my chests better sorted. Also those crates from IE, although they might be gated behind some seed oil or creosote oil, can't remember the recipes.

3. KingSZ

KingSZ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:17 PM
    Storage drawers work with AE2
    Just put a storage bus (with priority set to higher than all other AE2-bus-connections) to the drawer controller. thats great for crafting with ae2 and saving space at AE2 storage cells while the items with big amounts are in the drawers (with emerald upgrades).
    Another pro is that you can put all the metals in compacting drawers, what result them to be shown in AE2 as block+ingot+nugget, so you dont need additional crafting steps.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  4. biomanmu

biomanmu Active Member

Local Time:
    3:17 PM
    I'm not real familiar with Enigmatica 2, but it does appear that Modular Storage from RFtools is a decent beginning option as well.

ggkhs likes this.
  5. AlusVita

AlusVita Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:17 PM
    An ME system its pretty much a basic in this pack, dont waste your time in anything else, you can survive only with regular chests until reaching AE2, just make a nice pick and focus on mining, ores are not hard to find in this modpack. After reaching AE2 go to the end and mine some amethyst, you will be able to automate some basic ores with it.

6. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:17 PM
    dont need to put the storage bus on the controller, you can use a slave

7. ggkhs

ggkhs Guest

Hey AgentMadelor,

Having completed the mod pack and absolutely loving it I will go ahead and list a progression from early to late game which in my opinion is easy to follow and does not waste any valuable materials in the process.

First off, the easiest chest to build in the pack is a Framed chest from Bibliocraft mod, the only downside to it is that it is unable to become a double chest while placing 2 next to each other, but it comes with the added bonus of having the first item in the chest displayed in its frame like this, which can provide some sort of early game resource management!
    Next in the list is the Wooden Storage Crate from Immersive Engineering. Although it will take a bit more to get at the stage that you get your creosote oil, when you get there it is way easier to build than a normal vanilla chest! It has the same downside as the Framed chest, it cannot become a double chest if you place 2 next to each other.
    I will also highly discourage you from using any materials to make anything from the Iron chest mod as the recipes are extremely saturated and highly unbalanced on the not worth it side, considering the alternatives.
    Also after progressing in either Forestry, IC2 or IE, you should totally start working towards a Modular Storage block from RFtools, they can have their quirks and very rarely lose some items but they are not that expensive in this pack, their most expensive part is Nether Quartz(which is required to make the modules needed for the modular storage block to function), which would require you to go to the nether for it. They have the added bonus of being able to craft from within them, making them the best early game "Autocrafting"(for the lack of a better word), added. Finally after you upgrade to AE2 you can easily still make use of them with Storage busses.
    Moving on there are the Storage Crates from Actually Additions mod. Albeit a good item, I will prefer the Modular Storage as it is cheaper and has more functionality from Storage Crates.
    Continuing I believe all of those options will be fine until you reach the God of Storage and Autocrafting (I prefer RS too but too buggy sush), AE2. I highly recommend you not to make any Storage Drawer system before having an ME setup, they work perfectly with each other, although an excess in either will result in lag issues, so be careful with that. Will not elaborate on how to make a system like that, @KingSZ already described it perfectly, and more complicated systems will take hours to explain.

In conclusion that is pretty much a basic idea of how to progressively use storage in this mod pack. There are a lot more options and a lot more different paths, but I believe this is the easiest and the most efficient one. Some honorable mentions :

• Storage Drawers are great for mob farms if you wanna use them early on, although have in mind that their controller is gated.
    • Stay away from ME chests, they are bad and expensive in this modpack.
    • Quest reward have a high chance to give Crystal Shulker chests which is an amazing chest early on!
    • Sky Stone Chests are spectacular, you can mine an entire AE2 crater and make a lot of chests from it.
    • Storage Tablet is basically the item version of a Modular Storage, which makes it the best backpack in the game (dank null excluded).
    • Bins from Mekanism and Caches from Thermal Expansions are highly not worth it. If you want to fancy up your Storage Drawers look up framed drawers.
    • Strongbox from Thermal Expansion is not worth it.
    About your question of moving full inventories/chests, I will recommend using either a Cardboard Box from Mekanism (DONT INSERT IT INTO AN ME SYSTEM), or a Sack of Holding from Cyclic mod(CAREFUL WITH NBT DATA OVERLOAD USUALLY CAUSED BY INSERTING ME DRIVES TO IT) and finally a Packing Tape when moving Storage Drawers.

I believe I covered most of the storage in the mod. As such will go ahead and mark the thread as done. If you got any more questions about storage feel free to reply to provide you with further assistance :).

Note : The recipes were taken from Enigmatica 2 Expert Skyblock, my apologies if there are differences between that and ground version.

Have a nice day and a wonderful time on MyM
    -ggkhs

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2019
    Aerydar, KingSZ and Slind like this.
  8. AgentMadelor

AgentMadelor Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    5:17 AM
    th
    Thanks so much, This is very helpful. :)