1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thaumic skies ?

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Xehala23, May 20, 2019.

1. Xehala23

Xehala23 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:17 AM
    EH quick question , Ehhh is there anywhere I could find thaumic skies ?
    as far as am aware it was a MyM license only and well its not on the launcher anymore
    if theres any ways I could get the download , that would be sweet

2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:17 AM
  3. Xehala23

Local Time:
  4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Nah I just knew because I was on the team that took hypo over and screwed it up

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well I know it wasn't your fault that Hypo went down the drain!

6. Xehala23

Local Time:

eeeeh , whats hypo???

also how do I use that rar file :p can I just use twitch to make a new instance ?3

7. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Can't really blame someone specific. Hypo went down the drain, because we had too many people who had conflicting ideas what to do and nobody who took creative lead. Then again, the tendency of the original pack dev to abandon his packs unfinished didn't help either.

8. Xehala23

Local Time:
    Also ... what version of minecraft and forge was it running ? :U

9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1.7 and no clue

10. Xehala23

Local Time:
    oof ... .5 or .10 ?

11. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:

If you are talking about Hypo, the latest version is still on the Twitch Launcher.

It is also on the Legacy FTB Launcher, but that version has not updated yet and is still the last one from Caithleen I think.

Hypo had some issues that were more related to some server stuff here, recipes that worked in SP but not here. Then also the World Gen was somehow laggy, people with potatos were complaining about all kinds of lag, I personally never had any issues.

The pack is not completely broken, both Caithleens last version and our last is playable, the quest book on both is quite different in later chapter and not finished and you might have to cheat in some items. But in general the pack is playable and can still be enjoyed.

Thaumic on the other hand had one big problem: It was never advertized outside of Mym. It was actually working and GamrMom had even done some artwork for the release, but then basically @Slind and @kindlich kept waiting for each other to release it on FTB. Something like that. A simple release would have created interest in the pack and it would not have died.
    Of course nobody was really playing on MyM, because both packs never left the alpha state and everyone thought they were unplayable. I am sure @chugga_fan can back me up that both packs were actually quite enjoyable, not completely finished, but far from broken.

12. Xehala23

Local Time:

I mean gee ... ofc thaumic skies was awesome ... why do you think am trying to get it working????? boi XD

13. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If you need help with Thaumic, you could find kindlich in Discord, he might be hanging out there, he took over after the original pack dev left. There seems to be a reoccurring theme here :D

14. Xehala23

Local Time:
    Ehhhhh am banned from the discord ^-^''''''''

15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Yeah, well "gg".

16. Xehala23

Local Time:
    BOi I was perm banned for what was it ... Nazism ??? like a year and a half ago :U

17. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Yhea... Thaumic skies had general problems that were solvable, but was actually quite fun (for thaumcraft lovers), Hypo was generally fun but Caithleen abandoning it killed it because it took no direction anymore...

18. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    What made Hypo really good was the fact that it gave you a different vibe like Regrowth, abandoned world, unique progression, that kinda thing.

I am not sure whether it is worth trying to revive it, the potential is there, but since it is 1.7 it might just be dead in the water.
    Maybe a remake in a newer MC version, I mean we have Bloodmagic, Thaumcraft, Mekanism, the rest is interchangeable. Athough big fun were the Blood Dynamos, but I think they came from Technomancy and that might not be a thing anymore.