1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volcano Block, new modpack? possibility??

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by dragon87tamer, Jun 19, 2019.

?

Would you join me (and maybe become a cannibal lol )

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes, as long as i get a few potato's

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:34 PM
    Howdie there folks, Well here is a suggestion for another modpack. This one is called Volcano Block.
    Bet your already thinking! Geez, not another skyblock type pack! Yes, technically this is a skyblock style pack. With a few twists, and a few mods that i dont think we have seen here on MYM.

First things first go check out the mod list on the curse forge site for this pack Click Here.

Now Just imagine the setting. You wake up stranded on a platform surrounded by lava as far as the eye can see. How did you get here, you remember nothing from the past. The only feelings you have are dread and hunger. You check you pockets to find nothing but a knife on you. How do you survive? how do you get anything done? What will you eat? Well welcome to 1st weirdest mod out there, Cannibalism. Eww Gross.... Well you have to survive some how right?

This is just one of the few mods out there that we haven't seen and have great potential to make a new enjoyable pack. There is also in-world crafting recipes (throw stuff into flowers, that act like a crafting table). And much much more.

Me personally i would love to see this to come to MYM.

2. XoCynner

XoCynner Manager

Local Time:
    4:34 PM
    Dragon and i have been playing this pack recently and i would also love to see it come to mym, i feel bad cheating on our network but this pack is great. It is no way alike any other "sky block" pack and i wish it was more hyped up then what it is lol

Punane likes this.
  3. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:34 PM
    May need to start cheating on this network too :)

Punane likes this.
  4. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    huh, y u need to do tht?

Punane likes this.
  5. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Because Volcano Block looks like a different kinda challenge and its your fault for bringing it up :)

Punane likes this.
  6. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    LOL, this pack is quite interesting with some interesting recipe mechanics :D i think quiet a lot of ppl will enjoy this.

Punane likes this.
  7. Zyrade

Zyrade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    No Gregtech? I'm in! :D But yea, it does actually look pretty interesting.

Punane and PotatoWithHat like this.
  8. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Maybe take Cannibalism out of your question and get more interest haha. Never once did I need to eat the flesh, and only used the knife maybe a dozen times to get game going and haven't used it since. Having fun so far - thx dragon for bringing this pack to my attention.

Punane likes this.
  9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Food is plentiful, I've only stabbed myself for the quests.

Punane likes this.
  10. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    Lol, I mean, ive eaten the flesh (remember 10 different foods gives u extra hearts) and well when u run outta bonemeal its a good source for it (to start with that is)
    And your very welcome

Punane likes this.
  11. CrystalNeko

CrystalNeko Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:34 PM
    Question .. can you eat your old dead bodies remains? (Don't judge me)

Punane likes this.
  12. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    For grins and giggles I checked and Yes you can eat your flesh after falling to death, but it ......

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Punane likes this.
  13. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:34 PM
    The one thing that triggers me in this modpack is that you are supposed to treat it like a skyblock, build a platform etc when you could just dump water on the lava. They should have disabled the vanilla obsidian mechanics somehow

Punane likes this.
  14. wyndman

Local Time:
    You could, but multiplayer this would hurt you since you're limited to the size of your island and you do need lava for so many things. I also find it super annoying that they didn't disable it as I've made obsidian unintentionally a few times prior to having diamonds.

They also really should have not made an infinite water source possible, mind you I figured this out after making all that glue one hay bale at a time.

Punane likes this.
  15. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    Lol. Yeah they could of done many things differently. But this just still makes it fun! and u can still get Lava many ways in the pack, Squeezer plus (forget which items) but that makes lava :D(thats one way) So even in a multiplayer environment IE mym, There would still be ways to get lava even within a limited area we are given for a island

16. wyndman

Local Time:
    I'm still in the second chapter so I'm still using lava for running machines passively so it wasn't a concern yet. It is an interesting pack, so far I've not seen anything game breaking that would prevent us from hosting it.

17. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    That makes me happy :D

GreyWolf11 likes this.