1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Omnifactory Server Launch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MineYourMind, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MineYourMind

MineYourMind Official MYM Bot

Local Time:
    4:40 PM
    [​IMG]
    Server Address:

omnifactory.mym.li
    omnifactory.mineyourmind.net
    Twitch Launcher - MyM Launcher

Launch Times:
    Patron Tier 3:
    11pm CEST 09/08/2019
    Patron Tier 2: 11pm CEST 10/08/2019
    Others: 11pm CEST 11/08/2019
    Time Converter
    Pack Description Omnifactory is a Minecraft modpack for 1.12.2, designed from the ground up to be an incredibly deep tech based modpack, but without the grind and frustration of other "deep" packs. The motto from the outset was: "All of the complexity, none of the grind".

It's based around Gregtech community edition, similiar to FTB Interactions, but with a much simpler and relaxed early game, allowing you to get into the more advanced portions of Gregtech right away. To compensate for the rushed early game, a great deal of content has been added to the mid, late and endgame, taken from other mods like EnderIO, Thermal Expansion and Draconic Evolution.

Omnifactory features all vanilla mobs, no required exploration, and no required combat. It is focused entirely on progression through tech mods and making that portion as fun as possible. What if you are like me and have never dabbled a lot with Gregtech? Well, Omnifactory has over a thousand quests designed to lead even the newest and most inexperienced player through the vast complexities of Gregtech and all of the other mods.

Warning/Notes Please be aware this is a 1.12 pack, as such it is still highly experimental. The beginning dimension is the lost cities, however you can also play in a void world that can be teleported to in spawn.
    Originally the modpack uses dimensional edibles for players to move inbetween dimensions, however the mod does not function properly on sponge servers, as such it is recommended to use the multiplex portal instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2019
  2. Cubelex_YT

Cubelex_YT The steampunker Lord

Local Time:
    Please not another pack ill have to play, already cant keep up with the torture chamber thats called Interactions :(

sp33draft likes this.
  3. Rekalty

Rekalty Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You had me at Tech, but lost me at Greg.

4. Regulator_1A

Regulator_1A Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:40 AM
    It doesn't look like its been added to the MyM Laucher yet...

5. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Waiting for one of the people that can do it to add it. I can't do it myself, so hang tight :)

6. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    what about a none questing pack? questing is gamebraking

Aerydar likes this.
  7. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:40 AM
    Go to the Suggestions area of the forum and start a poll in support of a non-questing modpack you'd like to see a server for. If it gets enough community support, staff will consider hosting it after testing it for viability. Sadly not all modpacks, even some great ones, are suitable for a multiplayer server like MYM.

But the launch announcement of another server is not the place to start a discussion about other packs. Seriously though, without community members making suggestions, in the right place, the network would miss out on a lot of great opportunities.

Sandstroem likes this.
  8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Could you please clarify how the void world is supposed to be played at mym, @tonalom?

We talked about this yesterday, everyone should end up on the same starter island and without flight and angel blocks setting up one's one island might be complicated.

Also is that spawn Island protected?

9. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @Sandstroem the void world is played like any other void world now. I added the island schematic the island uses and enabled skyclaims in the world. Upon teleporting to the void world using the sign in spawn, you will automatically be assigned an island.

10. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    ill wait a week or 2 for you guys to iron out most of the bugs :)

i take it that since you guys didnt bother to put up an endgame items, list, everyone is allowed to trade anything?

11. Lauralou444

Lauralou444 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:40 AM
    Im rubbish at tech, so seeing this, especially as quests to guide, to finally work out how to use GregTech, Draconic Evolution, Thermal and EnderIO.

Im hoping this makes me happy :)

12. Arkelos

Arkelos Active Member

Local Time:
    11:40 AM
    Been camping the server select for nearly three hours now and Its filled to the brim.
    Can you please consider adding another server?

13. DrummerBoyNo

DrummerBoyNo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:40 AM
    Can't wait!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Timmypwn likes this.
  14. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    You don't have to either!

The server is already up and open for everyone! :)

Timmypwn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.