1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Raise The Mob Limit [Sevtech: Ages]

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Dekatater, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Dekatater

Dekatater Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:23 PM
    The Early Game of Sevtech is a very slow start, gathering resources while figuring out what the vague advancements are telling you to do, and it only gets worse when you have to sit around for literal hours running around a darklands biome waiting for something good to spawn, like currently I'm trying to find Abyssalcraft zombies so i can get the green flesh. I have found absolutely none, meanwhile my partner found 3, in the hour or so we've been searching. On top of that, mob hunting is a pain anyways, as even in the hunting dimension, you'll see very few mobs. Please raise the limit of hostile mobs or at least fix some spawn rates, because this just makes the pack grindier than it needs to be.

2. CharlieZ01

CharlieZ01 New Member

Local Time:
    7:23 PM
    I second that, it is terrible trying to find the abysslcraft zombies, and I have found none so far.

3. Dekatater

Local Time:
    I've found its extremely easier to find them after a restart, when other mobs are deleted from the world and thus the cap is no longer at max. Yesterday after I posted this the server restarted, and I found more abyssalcraft monsters that I'd ever seen before, just make sure to be in a darklands when server restarts, although we shouldn't have to.

4. CharlieZ01

CharlieZ01 New Member

Local Time:
    7:23 PM
    Thanks for the tip, ill try that next time

5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    Also put down a large chunkloader in the area, that might help too.

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We've adjusted the cap several times, and even removed the fish swimming around as these counted against the cap and caused even less mobs to spawn, there is a vanilla limit for mobs and we do hit it on occasion, this would explain why you see them shortly after the restart before the passive mobs are loading up and eating away at the amount of mobs in the world. There's also some weird interaction between sponge and abyssalcraft monsters not spawning nearly as well as the do in single player. It was reported to author who basically shrugged it off.

My solution was always to go looking around for dungeons, there are several types of buildings with spawners in them that have the zombies, and the shadow creatures are also available that way, it just tends to be less obvious as they follow a more traditional vanilla dungeon rather than the huge buildings zombies are held in.

7. _Cilo_

_Cilo_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    1:23 AM
    Im pretty sure there are abyssal zombie spawners in the over world and farm world. Basically yeah what wynd said :D

8. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There are oodles of them!

Here's one in the farmworld for you. 2892 37 -2547

If you are staged high enough you'll have no issues tracking them down.

Sandstroem and _Cilo_ like this.
  9. Dekatater

Local Time:
    Thanks for explanation wyndman, I'll give it a try when I'm on again.