1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Returning to earth bug

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by Superstebv, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Superstebv

Superstebv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    Hey all,
    I've found that randomly my return to earth from my space station puts me into an invalid location, outside the map and I die. I lose everything and no grave is created which is rather annoying, especially when I've just come back from mars with zirconium.

Just wondering, is this a known issue and what is the workaround, other than using /home instead of the rocket to come back to earth.

2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    Hello Superstebv,

Are you placing a Station ID chip in the rocket or a Planet ID chip? The Station ID will take you back to your original launchpad coordinates. The planet ID will take you to "random" coordinates on the planet (usually 1500,1500). So put the Station ID chip you used to get to the station in the rocket and try that.

HanoverFist69

LadyRen13 likes this.
  3. Superstebv

Superstebv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    Not 100 percent certain, I may have been changing the chip from station to earth, I'll keep the same chip and try that. Thanks.

EDIT:
    I launched and returned safely 3 times with the station chip in the guidance computer. Looks like it was a self-induced crash/glitch. I'll have to remember for future reference not to change the chip.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019