1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Flux Nets

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Flux_Adept, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flux_Adept

Flux_Adept Active Member

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    I have found in the time that I have spent playing modded that its almost required to be able to have 2 flux networks to easily route power around your base using a draconic energy core. The limit? is set to 1 per player at the moment (I believe) and I feel like it would make things easier on people if we could have a second flux net per player.

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    1:02 PM
    What modpack are you playing? There's countless other energy transfer methods available, such as Ender IO conduits and Dimensional Transceivers, which are quite good at their job. There's also Thermal Expansion (Plus the other Thermal mods) which add all manners of energy pipes. Draconic Evolution also has it's own kind of wireless energy transfer that I personally use in late-game setups in tandem with Dimensional Transceivers. I'd advise trying these other methods, and exploring other options.

3. Flux_Adept

Flux_Adept Active Member

Local Time:
    when youre trying to transfer millions of RF/t those options do not cut it over very long distances. and im on Beyond. Flux networks are one of the only transfer systems that allow you to transfer and almost limitless amount of energy per tick.

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I don't remember the exact transfer rate of Dimensional Transceivers, but the great thing about them is? If one isn't enough, make two. If two isn't enough, make 4, etc. etc.
    [doublepost=1567812030][/doublepost]You can exponentialize their I/O rate by just adding more to the network.

5. Flux_Adept

Flux_Adept Active Member

Local Time:
    Ender IO things cause lots of lag. why would i make 1000 dimensional transcievers when 1 flux plug/point can transfer that much.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Flux Networks have been known to glitch out and lose networks. And plus, I've never had lag issues using Dimensional Transceivers, and one base had a ton of them all in one chunk before.

7. Flux_Adept

Flux_Adept Active Member

Local Time:
    the only problems ive ever had with flux nets are the reason im requesting this. im not having any issues because i have a friend playing with me, im just making a suggestion for the staff to think about because there are people who play by themselves.

8. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You can have flux points and flux plugs on the same network I don't see what the problem is here just don't set the network to private and everyone on your team can access it

9. Flux_Adept

Flux_Adept Active Member

Local Time:
    the problem is that sometimes when you add too many connections things get confused in the system. and you will have the network not sending power because its trying to send it too many places. I know how to set it up properly. just sometimes things don't work out and having a second network alleviates any chances of this happening. you have one network for inputting energy into the storage device (draconic core) and one network for pulling out of the storage device. im not having any issues. im just trying to be thoughtful and help out people who don't have a friend that they play with. :/ last time I bring up an issue though, I feel like you guys are just trying to put me down and make me feel stupid.

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    That's not what's happening, we're just trying to show you alternate methods to accomplish the same goal.

11. Flux_Adept

Flux_Adept Active Member

Local Time:
    I guess I don't understand what the suggestion board is for then. I thought it was here to suggest things to staff to take into consideration, not try and get feedback to solve a problem. I don't have an issue, im just noticing something that could be problematic for someone who doesn't have a friend to play with.

12. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    I am sorry. I am going through these suggestions and looking at them. What is limiting you? I am fairly sure that we didn't limit the networks.

13. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Ok, I found the issue here. When you go to create a new network it won't let you until you choose a different name. Once I put in a different name I was able to make more networks.

Let me know if that helps.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  14. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    Fixed a while back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.