1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against New modpack suggestion.... RLCraft

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by dragon87tamer, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:41 AM
    I just happened to be browsing youtube, when i saw a modpack called RLCraft ...Now you ask what is RLCraft

Well, its Real Life Craft! minecraft but with a lot of new features. Like trees cant be broken by hand now! coz u know...punch a tree in real life... nothing happens (except maybe hurt yourself) You need Tools ;)

Theres lots of things to worry about ingame...Like skeletons 1 shotting u...yes this can happen ... because there is locational hit damage, meaning you have to worry about your limbs and other body parts. FUN

There a custom made generation all over the place, and custom dungeosn too. These include floating castles, hobit holes, custom villages and much more.

Items are picked up differently, you can no longer walk over them to pick them up, Coz... Real life... XD you either right click them or crouch to pick things up

There are tons of mobs to worry about - main thing to worry about are Dragons, coz they are ROOD. Many of the mobs are tamable for being used as pets, mounts or to summon them to help you out in tight spots :D

There are also Skills, and attributes... so no more being able to craft a diamond sword straight off and using it!! No no... u need attack level 16 (get rekt)
    AND MUCH MUCH MOAR!!!

Here is some Key Features.
    • Thirst Bar
    • Temperature & Heat
    • Healing From Food Removed
    • Torches Made More Realistic
    • F3 Debug Disabled, Map And Compass Enhanced
    • Mob Spawners Drop Loot & Have A Set Lifespan Now
    • Randomized Spawning When You Have No Set Spawn Point
    • Items & Abilities Locked Until You Level Up In Certain Skills
    • New And Powerful RPG Skills And Perks Can Be Unlocked With XP
    • Randomized Ruins, Structures, And Dungeons Generating All Throughout The World
    • All New Weapons & Tools
    • All New Mobs, Passive & Aggressive, From Lycanite's Mobs, Ice & Fire Dragons, & Infernal Mobs
    • New Custom Crafting & Smelting Recipe's For Certain Vanilla Items
    • Sound Engine Overhaul For Added Realistic Immersive Experience
    • Item Physics Overhaul
    • Brand New Enchantments, Potions, & Individual Item Qualities
    • Tough As Nails (thirst & heat) - The mod with the most influence in this pack. You have a thirst bar along with hunger now, plus you have temperature to worry about as well, with changing seasons and biome specific heat, probably not the greatest idea running into a desert in the middle of summer, or going high into the extreme hills mountains when its just becoming winter. There are many ways to combat the heat and quench your thirst, a good idea would be to read up on the TAN wiki if you're unfamiliar with this mod. Home · Glitchfiend/ToughAsNails Wiki · GitHub

• Rough Tweaks (no health regen) - A simple but powerful change to the healing mechanics. No longer will eating food restore your health. Mobs will occasionally drop salves, plaster, and bandages that can all be used to heal your wounds. These can all be crafted as well as found as loot, along with the ability to create much more potent medikits that can even become enchanted later on. Remember, more advanced healing items like medikits will take a second or two to heal, be sure to hold down right click until you heal or it will cancel.

• Skillable (leveling system) - No longer are you able to use diamond gear and tools right away, or know how to use an enchanting table and anvil, or farm certain crops even. Skillable adds several skill categorys which you level up with your XP. For example, you must reach level 16 in the attack skill to use diamond weapons, while you must reach level 8 in the building skill in order to use anvils. These skills and requirements have been specially tweaked for this modpack, extending early and even mid game quite a lot.

• Level Up! (skill tree with perks and abilities) - With the addition of Skillable, Level Up! is a separate skill tree that allows you to specialize in either combat, crafting, or mining, to gain extra XP from those different mechanics respectively (This previously did not work, owner JUST updated and fixed this for 1.11.2 on my request for this modpack specifically, thankyou Beeto!!). Furthermore it adds in a new skill tree for unlocking some powerful skills like faster sprinting, more melee damage, less damage from falls, double ore smelting chances and quicker smelting, faster bow draw time, stealth abilities so mobs can't detect you when sneaking, and a lot more. Access by pressing L.

• Lycanite's Mobs - A LOT of new mobs that are biome specific, as well new items and weapons that can eventually be obtained from these creatures, even the ability to have some of them as pets and/or mounts! Random mobs events are also turned on in this modpack. Check out the wiki here for more info: https://lycanitesmobs.com/

• Inferno Mobs - Various mobs will now rarely have a chance of spawning with magical properties, anything from a zombie that can summon fireballs, or a skeleton that can trap you in webs. Careful around these guys! They do drop some nice loot though.

• Realistic Torches - Torches are now unlit when crafted, and must be manually lit with either a match box or flint and steel. They don't last forever and will burn out over a few Minecraft days. They can also be put out by the rain as well. Normal permanent ever-lasting torches can still be crafted however with the use of applying glowstone dust to unlit torches or slapping some glowstone paste on a lit torch. More info here: Realistic Torches - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

• Varied Commodities (decorations) - This mod is mostly for decoration, adding in a new crafting table to create things like tables and chairs, shelves and a few other decorative items. Most of the items and recipes are disabled for not fitting with the modpack and you won't be able to obtain them, however Varied Commodities does also add in some alternative light sources like lanterns and candles that could come in handy.

• Better Survival (new weapons with abilities) - Craft the right tool for the job. You have warhammers which can push back enemies, battle axe's for disarming mobs, spears that can be thrown and extend your reach, daggers that are quick with high sneak attack damage, and nunchakus that can be held down for attacking which increase damage the longer you spin them. More info here: Better Survival mod - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

• Quality Tools - Crafted tools will now come with various qualities that can enhance or degrade your items. These can also be reforged using a reforging station to try and better the qualities. Applies to all tools and armor, even baubles items like rings, toolbelts, and amulets.

• Dynamic Surroundings (compass and clock enhancements) - Along with the sound overhaul realism this mod brings, it also enhanced the compass to show coordinates now and proper cardinal directions, which you will need since F3 Debug has been disabled. The added ambient sounds and effects really bring out an awesome immersive experience when it comes to pure survival and adventure.

• Antique Atlas - A much more advanced map that I gave a custom recipe, can be used for marking locations and even showing where you died. Can also be duplicated like a normal map and given to a friend to share.

• Bloodmoon - A bloodmoon is set to appear at a 1% chance every night. When this happens, you cannot sleep, mob spawns are quadrupled, and the spawn radius from players removed, meaning mobs can spawn right next to you. Be extremely careful when this event happens.

• Crystal Caves - A small but useful mod that adds Crystal generation to cave systems mainly. When broken, the crystal shards can be used to create the standard weapons and tools, with the same stats as iron with the exception of lower durability. This adds a good medium between stone and iron tools.

• Ruins, Recurrent Complex, Doomlike Dungeons, & Rogue Dungeons - I currently have Ruins with a custom library setup to generate all sorts of biome specific structures, bringing a lot more life to the world. Recurrent Complex adds even more randomized and amazing structures to find, discover, and explore in your adventure. On top of that, you will find many more (and very hard) dungeons throughout the world courtesy of Doomlike Dungeons and Rogue Dungeons.

• Battletowers - Various battletowers will now spawn all throughout the world with my custom loot tables, the loot getting far better the higher you go. Beware of the tower guardian though at the top, guarding the best loot.

• Baubles (new rings, toolbelt, amulets) - New inventory for adding rings and amulets to your character, as well as a new tool belt that can be crafted and used for added inventory space and quick swapping between items using the tool belt wheel (check controls for key bind) More info on the tool belt mod here: Tool Belt - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

• Waystones - Waystones act like waypoints from Diablo and generate randomly and very rarely throughout the world. Once found, they can be activated, and are great for fast traveling around your world, at the cost of XP. You can even craft special scrolls to be able to teleport to active waystones. These waystones cannot be destroyed. The warp stone item has been disabled. Waystones - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

• Tree Chopper - Chop down entire trees at once by crouching and using an axe on a tree.

• Global Gamerules (randomized spawning, no F3 Debug) - Global Gamerules forcibly sets the difficulty to Hard, as well as randomizing players spawn point currently between a 10000 block radius (that's 10000 to -10000 in either direction). On top of that, F3 Debug has been limited to no longer show coordinates or compass directions, and you must rely on items in game.

• XP Book - You'll want to obtain one of these as soon as possible. Allows you to store your XP safely into a book you can retrieve later, which prevents you from losing any gained XP on death.

• Wearable Backpacks - Backpacks you can craft and wear, takes up the chestplate slot of your inventory, shift hold left click to equip, and shift right click to set down (nothing in hand) can also be enchanted, colored, and has durability. Note that in RLCraft you cannot access your backpack while it's equipped, however friends are able to access it for you while it's on your back.

• Item Physics & Multi Mine (pickup items by right clicking or crouching) - Two mods that add a bit more realism, Item Physics allows items to be thrown great distances (hold down Q) with proper physics now, where certain items can float in water, and some will no longer burn in lava. Multi Mine allows blocks to retain its' damage, rather than resetting when you stop mining that block

• Custom Recipes (smelt armor and tools, craft chain mail and horse armor) - I've added in my own recipes for being able to smelt all tools and armor to get ingots or nuggets back that differ from vanilla, giving you about half of the materials back. Example, a diamond chest plate will now return 4 diamonds when smelted. Chain mail, horse armor, and saddles can be crafted, along with wolf armor as well.

• Mob Spawners Are Limited - With the number of new dungeons that rely on mob spawners, farming would become far too easy. I had a custom mod made just for this modpack as a result (big thanks to Pyroform!) which allowed me to control how Mob Spawner works. In this modpack, Mob Spawners will destroy themselves after 10 mobs are killed from the mob spawner. However each time a mob is killed, they begin spawning 25% faster. Mob Spawners now drop much more XP and randomized loot, but be careful, if the Mob Spawner destroys itself as a result of 10 mobs being killed, it will drop nothing.

To see more about the pack i will link the curseforge page here or even the youtube vid i watched (modpack authors beginners guide) found here (Rated P for parental guidance) :p (video is also in the curseforge page too)

I would love to see this pack come to MYM i think it would be Fun and if it does.. I will play with No Perks, (yes i will make a ticket to get my perks disabled :p) so no fly,god,heal,feed

PotatoWithHat likes this.
  2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    Doesn't sound nearly hard enough, but I'll give it a whirl. Though it does give me pause due to the beta in the title, and it hasn't been updated since June, though in their defense the MP version is recent.

3. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    Well, i know from experience (last hours and 20 minutes streaming of it) i managed to die 11 times, 2x from spawning underwater and not able to reach the surface! and all i basically managed to accomplish that entire stream, was make a 12x12 square house thats still incomplete!! XD

I enjoyed it alot from this go round! will be playing more again tomorrow! will update with progress XD

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So is it a mod pack intended for multiplayer I'm not sure I understand what's being suggested

5. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    Lol, yes, hence why i put it in for suggestion!!

6. LuffyKingPirate

LuffyKingPirate Active Member

Local Time:
    5:41 PM
    I was honestly thinking of trying this modpack right now! Dragons? Mermaids? Flint tools and no eating to recover hearts.....hmmm.
    And yes browsing on youtube is where i saw also.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  7. wyndman

Local Time:
    I died spawning in an ocean as well.. changed seeds died in an ocean.. finally on my fourth seed I ended up on solid land!

8. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    it has random spawn locations (between 3-5k blocks away from where u died last XD so good luck without a bed :p

9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    This pack seems to be not new. But I also noticed it everywhere. Why the sudden popularity? Or just YouTube algorithms acting weird again?

10. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Maybe sum YTubers think Hardcore challenge is too easy so they play this ultra hiper super brutal modpack as challenge

11. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    I started playing and died like 20 times in 5 minutes I got so mad I turned cheats on and enabled keepinventory on death. This modpack is not for beginners. Dragons in this pack are extremely dangerous and should be avoided at all costs if you hear flapping wings RUN

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  12. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Dragontamer I don't want my eyes burned out again that mod pack is utter chaoa

But sure il get on if it gets on Mym

13. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    If this modpack did come to mym, i think having some perks disabled (like /sethome) would be a great idea, because of the fact of the random spawn locations and also a bigger world border to accomodate the random spawn locations too :D (not by much but maybe a 10k x 10k world border ) And i still find it great that mobs can virtually 1 shot u! makes me laugh, after all these modpacks i played 1 shotting mobs, now its payback from them XD

14. wyndman

Local Time:
    If you don't like a perk.. don't use it.

15. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    well, this pack has random spawns for a reason right? well if u have /home, that negates that reason... meaning its pointless...
    and the fact that a map isnt present to begin with, its the whole point of dying and respawning 1k's of blocks away!
    Its not like most packs where u have a world spawn where u spawn everytime!

i also never said i dont like some perks! it just makes the pack the way it was intended

16. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Unfortunately that argument is true for any pack. If you use God on dj or interactions, you take away half of the fun. I could argue the same for most of the kits on expert packs. The list goes on.

When it comes to making revenue, all statements about "we don't change packs" go out of the window. And I am not even criticizing that. The servers don't pay themselves.

dragon87tamer likes this.
  17. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    I would actually hold off on making a server for this I watched the beginners guide video and so many people were complaining that servers were unable to properly run the pack. The ones that were able to were lagging as heck with just 10 people on but this is from what I heard

18. wyndman

Local Time:
    They likely use toasters to run their servers, we use hamsters. 100% more effective!

19. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You wanted to see Area 51 raid footage?

I already made much harder MyM servers raid and this is only one footage i could made because electromagnetic field protecting servers was activated prior to my unauthorized intrusion!
    [​IMG]

20. wyndman

Local Time:
    We have an intruder...

dragon87tamer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.