1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Thoughts

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by _Lordicon, Sep 15, 2019.

1. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    10:52 PM
    Was not sure if I should post this here or in the Off topic, it is about this servers Crackpack server so figured it really is not off topic and I am asking for community advice so I am posting in the Community Talk.

Anywho....

I started my Youtube channel and started working on a Let's Play Crackpack series on this network. I currently have 4 videos up and a lot more on the way. In the below video I started doing a bit more editing to the video adding music etc. I tried to explain things the best that I could about Botania.

I feel like I am missing something, so my question to the community is what am I missing?? What should be added or done to better my success rate on getting new subscribers and also getting people interested in coming to MineYourMind to play?

I am already considering about stating about the MyM network in the videos and maybe doing some pop ups of the logo as I state the server information, as well as include links in the description. As you can see in the thumbnail I included a MineYourMind logo, I just think I need more.

What else could I bring to the videos to spice them up and make them more appealing?

Here is the Botania video I did so you can see what I am talking about.

LadyRen13 likes this.
  2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:52 AM
    I only had time to watch the first minutes or so this morning, so I have to dive a bit deeper.

So far I like the explanatory educational style you are going for. A style that I prefer personally myself. Clearly targeted at a more mature audience (independent on age) and without any shenanigans.

What is the intention of the channel? You are planning to do that full-time or will it always be a hobby thing on the side?

I am not so sure about playing on mym. That might help mym, but might also hurt your channel if you plan to seriously grow it.

I will watch more and already have some more feedback, but I will wait for your answers first.

3. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Planning on going full time into it. We will see where it takes me.

Glad you understand the way I was leaning with how I was explaining things. Was to be for a more mature audience. Not looking for all the screaming kids and goofing off on the pack (Even though the younger generation is the most likely to watch youtube videos).

As for not playing on MyM? I do want my channel to grow and expand but I do not think playing here will be an impact. I thought about going solo in a single player but I also have always been committed to this network. I have always been 100% honest on this network and always supporting it no matter what anyone said about me in the past that was never true. I will always support MyM even if I take a break for a bit, it is my home as well as many others when it comes to modded mc.

4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I wasn't questioning your commitment to the network. It was more about unplanned things that could happen, someone deciding to take down Crackpack, things like that.

Some other things I noticed:

- Nice intro
    - The background music is nice. For the first 3 minutes, but you seem to have the same thing on an endless loop, which gets a bit annoying.

I think in order to grow a channel, the most important thing is consistency. With that I mean uploading videos in the same rhythm, even if it is only once per week. A lot of viewers expect to see the latest video of youtuber xy on the same day.

Another thing: I know you like Crackpack, it is a great pack. But maybe play also another pack that draws in more players, something that is new.
    You could alternate between a new pack, maybe PO3 Titan Mode once it comes out and Crackpack as some kind of "throwback" back.

5. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Would it be best to make an intro for every game played or a single intro for all videos I create? So for instance minecraft would have it's own intro related to minecraft with maybe a minecraft character doing something, where as other intros would be related to it's respective game.

Just wondering because I have a some really nice ideas for a MyM Minecraft intro for my videos lol

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Hm, I dont't really know. I feel like there should be a common opening, maybe with a small variation. I think it all depends how you define your "brand". Do you want to be a MC Youtuber with some other games on the side or a variety youtuber?

One thing I noticed on your videos was sound. First two MC videos had quite some static , it got better on the later ones, I guess you already noticed that since you added the music.

Are you also streaming? That would be an additional way to gain followers.

Getting viewers is hard these days. But still possible, it is all about being patience and adjusting what you do obviously.

7. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Sinces your starting out

Keep your intro simple for your own sake.. Stick to one for now

Do what you want in minecraft/other games

That's my 2 points

IL just stick streaming after iam set up in my arpment if I ever get back to it tho all the power to you good sir

8. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @_Lordicon My tips:
    1. Newer packs - no1 want to see playthrought to old pack
    2. I appreciate the music throught the video but it's looped - try different music, silence it when you talk about important things, i remember there was a site to dowlnoad music in different tracks - like bass, melody/lyrics, instruments in diffrent tracks so you can use mixed tracks to put more interest in different sections of the clip( my english is bad but i hope u understand what i mean)
    3. Your talking - when i listen to you i think ur voice is much better to culinary channels just liek BBQ Pit Boys idk how some1 can change their way of talking but... maybe more energetic or try to make a movie and then make commentary...

9. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Use music from ncs or monstercat so the copyright system won't beat you up to much

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I definitely agree with the new pack. You are not gaining attraction with crackpack. It is nice as a secondary pack, alternating, but I would definitely jump on something new.

Po3 titan, sevtech skyblock, once they come out. Maybe even a new pack on twitch that nobody else is playing on yt.

I mean, just look at glacial awakening. I saw that pack all the time when I browsed through twitch, ignored it because it looked boring. I still find it boring but suddenly everyone is playing it.

11. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Thought about it, I agree and will be changing things up (PO3 here I come). Also going to do an Ark Primitive Survival with a few people, but that is off topic from MC so wont go there much. Already changed up the intro to be simple and to the point. Have a look.

12. Cazbar04

Cazbar04 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:52 AM
    I liked the botainia video. I went from knowing nothing to understanding it. Informative, what i like. My youtube channel is nothing to be proud of so I cant preach too hard but audience interaction help alot.

_Lordicon likes this.
  13. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Here you go, New video featuring PO3. Changed up the Thumbnail to make it more common and also the intro is a lot smaller etc.

Opinions Please...

LadyRen13 likes this.
  14. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    One thing: Please put your brightness bar all to the right if possible. :D

I like how you zoom into stuff, nice little detail.

15. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Does it seem too dark?? Looks fine on my monitor. Odd.
    Also yea I figured it would be better to zoom in to make sure the items can be seen and even the name. I hate when someone makes a video and they talk about an item but do not say what it is and you can not see the text of the item. This is the main reason I do it.

16. LadyRen13

LadyRen13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I LOVE that you read the rules out loud. It is a small touch but it lets the player know what to expect when joining our server. Most players do not even read them completely when loading in. Great job!

I like the zooming in and out it makes reading things, and seeing the tiny grids so much easier.

I enjoyed your first video! Your sound quality in your second one is muffed compared to your first one, but your lighting is better in your second video.

Keep up the great work! I look forward to watching more from you Lordi!

Fireforce and _Lordicon like this.
  17. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Thanks Ren,
    Working on getting more done and improving as I go. Need to get a new headset or mic. Muffle sound is because this headset is held together with duct tape. :)

18. LadyRen13

LadyRen13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I very highly suggest getting a blue yeti. They have the snowball if you are looking for good sound but affordable. And if you can spend a little bit, my blue yeti was 159.99 with a copy of farcry 5 if I'm remembering correctly, I just looked it up and the mic alone now is 129.99 but that is from their site, I got mine from bestbuy.

I think it is great and I have had comments that is does sound so much clearer, it is usb which is awesome as I didn't have to get any adapters for my computer and has a lot of different functions as it has the option to use it as cardioid mic, bidirectional, omnidirectional or stereo, your headphones can plug right into the mic and the controls are super user friendly. It also comes with a sturdy stand if you don't have a boom arm. Though if you decide to go the boom arm route, do not get a cheap 20 buck one. That yeti is heavy sucker and the joints and springs just wears out quickly, as I have learned.

19. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    I was considering on a Rode NT-USB studio mic. It costs around the same if not a bit more than the Yedi. It is a great mic. Gonna compare a few good ones before I buy though so I thank you for your advice.

Fireforce likes this.
  20. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    A røde mic is a high quality one I can recommend the brand I Have one my self on a arm and it's great

_Lordicon likes this.