1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Golemancer's Bell

Discussion in 'Crackpack' started by Ghast12345678910, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Ghast12345678910

Ghast12345678910 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:58 PM
    Hi,
    I saw an archived thread about this being impossible to craft without crashing, has a solution been found for it yet?

Attached Files:

2. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
  3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:58 AM
    There is no solution for it currently

4. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    To explain the issue in full:
    One of Thaumcraft's addons reworked the Golem system, adding new functionalities.
    This made it neccessary to upgrade the Golemancer's Bell as well.
    However, sadly, that modauthor decided to completely overwrite the normal Golemancer's Bell.
    As far as Minecraft is concerned, the normal Goelemancer's Bell from Thaumcraft no longer exists.
    It's been replaced with an "upgraded" version, but sadly that version has several bugs that have never been fixed, even after several years.

An analogy would be something like this: You buy something online. A few days pass, and finally it arrives at your door after having been shipped. You open the package and find out you've gotten a cheap copy of whatever you really wanted to buy. You weren't meant to get the cheap copy, you find out after making a complaint, but it happened, but now the stock of the original item is empty.

We cannot fix this issue ourselves as items in Minecraft, is part of common code. It exists both on the server, and the client.
    We could patch the mod on the server-side, but that would only fix it on our end. Your end, the client, would still have broken code, and crash, unless you manually download the patched mod, however this type of re-distribution is part of a gray area.
    This issue has been happening for close to 5 years now (shortly after 1.7.10 came out). It hasn't been fixed because it's much too work for little benefit for anyone, unless the fix comes from the one who actually owns the code (the addon's author) and they distribute it. That hasn't happened sadly, even though they've been repeatedly asked to fix it.

Ghast12345678910 likes this.
  5. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    I thought at one time due to this not being craftable that it was added to the 1.7.10 server shops for purchase with mym's. Maybe I am mistaken on which server, maybe it was not on crackpack but I do remember seeing them on a 1.7.10 pack so players could still use them just not craft them. Again may not have been crackpack but it was on some of the older servers.

6. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So question when exactly are the servers being shutdown on the 3rd like time wise.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    Are you on the wrong post?

8. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah I just now realized it lol