1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Flux drop rate?

Discussion in 'Revelation' started by Photon_Wolfsky, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Photon_Wolfsky

Photon_Wolfsky Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:44 AM
    I, and a couple other players on the server, have noticed a severe lack of flux drops (from the Flux Networks mod) from mining redstone ore and letting it hit lava. The item for flux literally says that's how you get it (throwing redstone into lava or fire). I have had 0% success over multiple stacks of redstone dust in fire and lava, so I assume that won't work. I've had next to no luck with mining redstone ore beside lava. Out of over 64 redstone ore blocks, I have gotten only 1 successful flux drop of 16. So at the moment, I can only guess the drop rate is at least 1/64. And I don't even know if that depends on whether I have fortune on my pick to generate more redstone dust or if it depends on how many dusts hit lava, so that estimate of chance is extremely debatable. I do know I can get flux, so there's that, but the drop rate is so unknown, I have no idea how long or how exactly to make the process of getting it actually work.

2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    It's explained in the changelog for the modpack itself:
    So you don't need to mine redstone ore next to lava and let the dust drop in, just mine the redstone ore as normal (ideally with a fortune pick) and you should get an amount of flux roughly every ~32 blocks of redstone ore you mine.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  3. Zyrade

Zyrade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    Make sure you aren't using Silk touch either! I made that mistake on accident many times while Flux gathering.

4. Photon_Wolfsky

Photon_Wolfsky Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:44 AM
    Thanks for that info. I don't really check changelogs as much as I should. It's easy to forget that server owners have the ability to edit features in modpacks, so wiki and forum information can easily differ.

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    Well this particular change was made by the modpack devs themselves, not by MyM specifically. Personally I prefer the way other modpacks have handled the issue by simply letting you smelt redstone in a furnace to get flux.