1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Resource HOGS .. ??

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 4' started by CHRISRHODE2004, Oct 8, 2019.

1. CHRISRHODE2004

CHRISRHODE2004 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:23 AM
    Miners don't appear to work with this pack - everyone seems to have verified this, along with myself. So i am trying to collect with a packager and hopper setup and has power - you can see truffles on ground underneath pigs but nothing is being picked up. Can someone either show me what im doing wrong in-game or possibly show me a better way. Keep in mind, i have a buggy account as do others and only have so much opened until staff replies to my open ticket.

Thank you.

2. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:23 AM
    The truffles are actual blocks that need to be dug up. If you can't break them, you can't pick them up.
    Cyclic's Controlled Miner (can't remember exact name) is often used for this (white/blacklist of blocks to break, and configurable 3D area), along with some form of picking up the broken truffles (vacuum hopper etc should work).

If you need to trust Cyclic's miner, that's a small issue. Looking through Cyclic's github, they use a different FakePlayer for each machine that requires one. The FakePlayer name for the better block-breaker/miner should be cyclicmagic.fake_player.block_miner_smart if one consults their github. Doesn't really roll off of one's tongue...

3. CHRISRHODE2004

Local Time:
    i was told these dont work on MYM server .. i even tried using it and definitely broken. I don't play single player. Thank you for the input though.

4. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    7:23 AM
    As Marty was alluding to, the reason that the miners don't work is because the island protection system is preventing them from being able to mine, the solution is you have to give build permission to the "fake player" that the block uses whenever it tries to break something.

IIRC the command you would need to do on the skyfactory server is /is invite [name], where the [name] is the bit in the quote above.

5. CHRISRHODE2004

Local Time:
    Thank you, i will try this when on next .. surprised none of the other players mentioned this. o_O Almost everyone on the server was like "doesn't work."
    [doublepost=1570628799][/doublepost]
    Thanks, i will try this when on next and post back results.
    [doublepost=1570631666,1570628321][/doublepost]
    There are 2 cyclic block breakers .. which one is this for .. ?? Haven't been on yet to try, but i was curious cause just realized this.

6. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    Original message has the correct name (was unsure at the time).
    The basic version (Block Miner) does not have a block black|whitelist, and uses another name for it's fakeplayer.

7. CHRISRHODE2004

Local Time:
    so i performed your command and i get a message that there are no incoming invites .. also it looks like the block breaker is now trying to break the truffle unlike before, but it won't finish breaking it - just goes thru the motions :(

8. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    Well, Sponge & GriefPrevention are having a little spat :banghead:
    If you have the resources, could you perhaps try a similar setup inside of a CompactMachines room? Just something basic like miner -> cobblestone and see if it breaks the block in there.

9. CHRISRHODE2004

Local Time:
    Sorry haven't made it that far, kind of at a standstill until an admin can fix my progress (NEI won't show items after i prestige a particular catagory like Twilight Forest) - i have a ticket in but its been over 3 days and no response from them. Hence, i thought i would give resource hogs a try since im running out of iron. So many bugs.
    [doublepost=1570715561,1570707780][/doublepost]
    Sorry, i don't have the resources for doing compact machines - i did try the block breaker on other objects and still does not work. However, i did try using Industrial Foregoing's block breaker - and get this, it does break other blocks and shows in its inventory .. however, when it breaks truffles it succeeds, but the item is missing from inventory. :bored:

10. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:23 AM
    This has long since been fixed.