1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Nether request

Discussion in 'B-Team' started by powelly52, Oct 4, 2019.

1. powelly52

powelly52 New Member

Local Time:
    3:00 PM
    Hi all.

I have a humble request.

Can we not reset the nether? I would like to have the nether become a transport hub... linking all of the over world bases... and linking us all to communal areas and communal builds.

It would make the server more inclusive and much more engaging with other fellow minecrafters.

I am happy to put the work.in to build the tunnels and paths linking peoples portals safely to one another. I just need the go ahead that the nether wont reset every week or month.

Please let me know

Thanks
    Mark

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:00 PM
    The nether is important for resources, and players use it for farming. As it stands now, the nether resets monthly, and even just after a month it is usually in dire need of a resey. If we stopped reseting the nether, it would be more or less decemated in just a few months.

Alternatively if we took the approach we have on the overworld and said players can't use the nether to farm, we would remove an important way of gathering resources from the players.

Unfortunately I don't see a change this drastic being made to the nether.

3. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Also, many players on this network arent so communal. However B-team players may be the exception. Most dont even talk in chat because they dont want anything to do with the rest of the players. I'd support your idea if tonalom didnt shoot it down straight away.

4. powelly52

powelly52 New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the speedy response.

I understand the concern for the nether being hit hard over a few months. personally I've never seen it being an issue, I've ran this kind of shared space on other servers in the past and it was a game changer.

we would have regulars on all the time exploring together and helping each other simply because we could all meet up in a familiar place that took no time at all to get to...

if resources is an issue is it a viable option to have a nether world for resources like the farm world? infact... what happens if you make a nether portal in the farm world?

ill do some experiments.. if it turns out its a separate 'farm world' nether could I ask for a rethink :D

thanks again
    Mark

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    IIRC Bteam has the mod Enhanced Portals, there isn't really a need to use the nether scaling system for a vanilla style portal hub when you could just build your own centralised hub building somewhere in the overworld (claim it and then do /accesstrust all then anyone will be able to use doors and levers etc but not break anything) and then set up multiple Enhanced Portals that lead to everyone's bases and back again.

6. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Aaaaactually... That's not even necessary...