1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against New modpack suggestion.... RLCraft

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by dragon87tamer, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuffyKingPirate

LuffyKingPirate Active Member

Local Time:
    4:58 PM
    it took over 15 deaths and 2 hours but.... i finally made a bed! just all those spawns in random boi's was enough to make me not want to give up. Plus all those houses, castles and such are full of chests with stuff. This is a good mod if you don't mind it hard to start.

Fireforce and dragon87tamer like this.
  2. OliverKidd

OliverKidd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    I'm willing to invest in this. Please contact me.

3. LuffyKingPirate

Local Time:
    :dead::dead::dead: don't know when but somehow peaceful mode got turned on....can't be sure so gotta start over with mode locked this time. maybe less then 15 deaths this time lol.

4. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    Good luc to you luffy!

5. OliverKidd

OliverKidd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Luffy check your dms friend.

6. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    I would play it

7. Cazbar04

Cazbar04 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    I'd love a modpack like this. A completly diffrent one. Especially if the start is really difficult. Ive never felt o acomplished making a bed in all my life.

8. LuffyKingPirate

Local Time:
    Just a FYI, Do not try and fight the 2 headed ogre by you house. he can smash through 2 layers stone/cobble destroy your bed and then everything you have is gone and your fighting to just make a bed again.

9. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    I'd host this server

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    This again is one of the business decisions I don't understand at mym lately.

Mc has seen a revival in the last half year. Everyone was streaming vanilla. Everyone moved to streaming hc vanilla. This is why this pack suddenly became popular even though it is not new. It is the next step after vanilla hc.

This should already be here since weeks in order to catch all the new people coming into mc. Another missed opportunity.

11. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    I can't see a logical way of setting up this server the more and more I think about it. A few staff members and I play tested this. Was great. It just doesn't work on our setup and at a public server level. Issues;
    Kits,
    God,
    Fly,
    Homes,
    Random Spawnpoints,
    No TPAing,

All of these things would need need to be disabled to make it even remotely fair. These are just the things I can think of off the top of my head. Another would be our Entity control. Which really the only thing that makes this pack. The mobs I mean.

Let me get this across the best way I can. The main attraction is the mobs and structures. These would probably all be looted within the first week of the pack. Even with a farmworld, the overworld would be destroyed far more quickly than other packs. With mobs needing to have firespread on or mob griefing on. I just can't see how this would go well.

Open to suggestions though on this.

Willshaper likes this.
  12. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The argument about God, fly etc can be made about any pack. Mobs on dj, interactions, back on awakening. Big part of the game, boring with God, fly, kits etc.

I would argue the same here. If someone plays in God and all he wants is to build a base, who really cares.

About structures. To loot them we have the fw. If the ow gets destroyed, who actually cares? I hate to bring up that famous anarchy server, but why not have a bit of that here. It is mc. If the land is messed up, get some blocks and rebuild it. Or don't.

Honestly I would just dump this on a server, add claim protection and see what happens. Maybe it ends up being a popular "family friendly anarchy server"

13. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    dunno if mym wont implement this serrver ill make one myself ,Cuz its easy to make anarchy server no plugins

14. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    I don't think you can argue this here actually. Literally what makes this pack is structures and mobs. Have you played the pack?

15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    No I have not, I watched a couple streams, but I don't intend to play it anyway, I don't like combat that much.

My point is that you are stuck on doing things the same way as usual.

We did not have God on Nero. Nobody complained. When we bought tier 5 years ago, we never expected that there wouldn't be exceptions.

Have you considered increasing world border? Go from 3.6k to 10k and suddenly we have about 36x as many blocks. Go to 20k and we have 144x as much. And yes, needs more diskspace, who cares.

Structures you can visit in the farm world, I don't see an issue.

You are overthinking things. With a server you would get a certain amount of new people, if you have to adjust things after a month you might lose some, but probably not more than you won. Some move to other servers.

16. Aidoneus

Local Time:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.