1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Server Vote/Poll

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Aidoneus, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Which Pack would you like to see next?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2019.
  1. RLCraft

34 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Builder's Paradise

21 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Dungeons Dragons & Space Shuttles

45 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Project Ozone 3 Titan Mode

21 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Roguelike Adventures and Dungeons

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  6. All the Mods 3

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  7. FTB Academy

11 vote(s)
    10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NotChiken

NotChiken Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:39 AM
    You can always just build without claiming

2. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Yeah because that'll not create any problems for me at all.
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    [​IMG]

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:39 PM
    That's no solution at all, and it will hardly stop staff from manually regenerating your base if it is reported as a shell that's been griefed repeatedly.

4. Regulator_1A

Regulator_1A Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:39 PM
    Really the only thing interesting on this list is Builders Paradise. I’m done with quest books and Skyblocks.

ContinuedAsh and Aerydar like this.
  5. Mossb3rg

Mossb3rg Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Id like to see a pack that encourages players to band together to survive what it throws at them. Not that everyone would have to base together but just so people form towns and stuff. Maybe give patrons the ability to start a town or setup trading posts. It just feels like every pack encourages solitary base development where everyone lives miles apart and outside chat you never actually see each other. I get that some people like to build huge bases with automation and looking at those kinds of bases can kill fps but not every pack has to be an automate everything pack. eh idk like if you agree

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  6. Regulator_1A

Local Time:
    I haven’t seen anything like this since the early days of mods like towny. I don’t think the kids today could do that.

Mossb3rg and SanndyTheManndy like this.
  7. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Most people here like to go fast through a heavy modded pack. Even if they build, it is done fast and at some point they move on. I have rarely seen people around that stay to continue community building.

I would love to have a server where claims don't get reset, but maybe just abandoned. So people could continue expanding on existing builds. Yes, that would invite some griefers, but that would be a prize we might consider to pay.

WishMage and Willshaper like this.
  8. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not exactly community building but there were a lot of long time clean worked out bases on Regrowth ;)

wyndman and XoCynner like this.
  9. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You should seen Snackmuz base in regrowth. Found floating dirt block there and there XD

10. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    True regrowth was home to many large and beautiful builds, I used to try and grass and tree the world outside my base to bring life back to the area.

Punane likes this.
  11. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So when will the new server be up.

12. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:39 PM
    The poll wasn't even up a full week? I vote for Dungeons Dragons & Space Shuttles and Project Ozone 3 Titan Mode.

13. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    12:39 AM
    I'm interested for the two new packs but I have some ideas. Both DDSS and RLCraft (1, 2 Respective) do have exploration as an incentive and I believe with the way a server is, it would be hard to discover something new. On top of this I believe RLCraft should have /god disabled, or have at least a warning saying that "This pack is played better without /god" or something similar.

PotatoWithHat likes this.
  14. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    To expand a bit on what Roobarb said about exploration in these packs, here are some requests for the packs:

• Farmworld Resets: These packs have a lot of exploration compared to previous packs on MyM, which will lead to the current farmworld reset timer being inadequate. I recommend that the farmworld will be reset every 1-2 weeks, instead of monthly. The more resets the better.
    • Farmworld Seed: This is an add-on to the above. With the farmworld being reset often, people would be able to set waypoints for all the good areas, and very quickly raid these every week upon reset. If possible, a new seed biweekly/monthly would have a great effect on the exploration based aspect of the packs.
    • Farmworld Expansion: If resetting the farmworld more often is not possible, could we instead try and expand the farmworld size? This should be done with a 1-2 week test first, to see if the performance impact is too big. And if it isn't, it would be nice to permanently have a bigger farmworld on these servers. (Or bigger farmworld + weekly reset if you're feeling fancy!)

15. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    12:39 AM
    What he said

16. Regulator_1A

Local Time:
    Back on Interactions node1 we had a quite a community going with roads between builds and even a town hall. That is until every one stoped playing after a few months. Its a shame I put a lot of work in to the roads a bridges among a few others. It was just not the right mudpack for a community build. So bring on Builder's Paradise!

Punane, PotatoWithHat and Fireforce like this.
  17. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This would require a new pregenerated map every 1-2 Weeks, which for a diameter of 5k blocks already takes a day to pregen (depending on cpu speed/memory available)

So either you would have to deal with a laggy server because people explore those maps, or it would require another server just to pregenerate Maps all the time...

18. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Yeah I'm aware. Me and a couple other people talked a bit with Aidoneus about it on Discord, and he said to post it on the forum thread, so that's what i did.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  19. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Then don't pregen.

20. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    When will the new server will be up.