1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MyM Skies.. The Update!

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by wyndman, Jul 8, 2018.

1. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:20 AM
    It's been awhile since there was an update in regards to the pack development. While the 1.7.10 version of the pack is largely done, and working it just didn't feel right. The pack was meant to feel like there was a consistant difficulty ramp up as if there was something working against your advancement at every turn. While we were able to convey that through the various quests, it wasn't quite enough.

This left us with two choices, push it out as another expert pack or make some dramatic changes. After seeing the release of packs such as Sevtech and Lost Souls we knew we had tools available to us to come much closer to what the vision of MyMSkies is.

So where does that leave us? 1.7.10 has been thrown out the window and 1.12 has been welcomed with open arms to replace it. I know 1.12 is heavier on systems, but rather than just roll out.. justanotherskyblockwithquests. We wanted to deliver to you a more powerful story and immersive experience that mods such as staging provide to us. While questing is still a strong part of the pack, you'll also start to notice things around your world changing, not just with a click to accept in a quest book, but rather as you begin to notice different mobs, and recipies unlock, or perhaps even lock as you progress.

The story remains largely the same, you the player are a voulenteer heeding the call of SirWill who was running a little experiement. He simply wants to know how players would go about slaying the Ender Dragon on a skyblock map. Thinking this is trivial you gleefully sign up for the request and find yourself on an island from there the quest book will guide you on your way to a most assuredly quick victory. What could possibly go wrong?

The Progress:

Quests:

All the quests have been moved over from 1.7.10 to 1.12, I've fixed 95% of the broken ones from the transition. New ones are being added to reflect the change in mods from the 1.7.10 as some have been removed in favor of lighter faster more effective ones.

Staging:

This is where the bulk of the update time is going to take place, if you are familiar with Sevtech, then you know a little how staging works from the player perspective. From the developer perspective it is much more entailed. Every single block, recipe, and mob that is going to be staged has to be accounted for and placed using ZenScript so it is a time consuming process. Only a small percentage of this has been done so far, but will account for most of the progress going forward.

Special Bosses:

Jitrid was able to bring this back up to 1.12 without pulling out too much of his hair so they are mostly ready to go.

So when will this roll out to be tested? That really depends on how fotunate I am in finding someone who loves ZenScript among our staff. Unfortunately MyMSkies is not my sole focus between fininshing my degree (nine more months!) my family, responsibilities to you here and forming a team for the next mod pack in development it has been a long road to get here, but MyMSkies is not forgotten or dead, it is just taking its sweet time to show up.

2. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    5:20 AM
    1. congrats on you getting your degree soonTM 2. i cant wait i was wondering if this died or not

3. FuzzyHarpyBug

FuzzyHarpyBug A little bit Fuzzy

Local Time:
    2:20 AM
    Ah dang it. I was really looking forward to this on 1.7.10. I might still try it out anyway, but 1.12 has a way of losing me quickly. Thanks for the news update anyhow!

4. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    3:20 AM
    Im excited to see where this goes!

Fireforce and FuzzyHarpyBug like this.
  5. wyndman

Local Time:
    I really wanted to send it out as 1.7.10, but is just felt too cardboard like. If you didn't actually follow the quest book you could either go entirely off in your own direction or get hopelessly lost in a pack that would very much resemble just another skyblock pack with difficult recipes.

FuzzyHarpyBug likes this.
  6. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    1.12 aw, but sure i'll take it

BanananaBread likes this.
  7. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    I hope it’ll be worth the wait, even if it is 1.10 :). May the hype train start back up again.

8. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    is this the modpack that brings me back? (only if it runs well i suppose)

9. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:20 AM
    1.12.... i'm sad, my potato PC is sad too

10. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I always love giving MyM created packs a go... Look forward to it's eventual release... Best of luck working on it...

Zip

11. Twan_

Twan_ Active Member

Local Time:
    I've never played a MyM created pack, im looking forward to the release

12. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So... Any informations about release? I read something in thread about closing stoneblock but i want
    confirmation - MyM Skies is still developing or its dead project?
    [doublepost=1551897435,1551891468][/doublepost]Ok found that

13. wyndman

Local Time:
    It is very much alive. I'm a staff of one at the moment I think @Jitrid died on me. I'm trying to twist his arm. I would like to get it into internal testing in the next couple weeks at least. If everything goes well maybe a closed mid April release.

BanananaBread and ggkhs like this.
  14. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not quite, currently recovering from the flu! I'm tryin'!

LordEreh and ggkhs like this.
  15. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    If its partly "made in china by Jitrid" im staying away from it with a 10ft pole :D

16. TheKingGamer117

TheKingGamer117 Member

Local Time:
    5:20 AM
    I know that this isnt the place most likley to post this but the original thread doesn't allow new post so I hope its fine. How do I review the server I go the the page with all the servers but I cant see anyway to post like at all. clicking on the stars (the review stars IDK if this is what i should be clicking on) and I dont see anywhere to post my review so I hope some one can shed some light on this.

17. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:20 AM
    Probably make a new thread. or re-read the instructions.
    [​IMG]

18. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Mym Skies. Progress?

19. wyndman

Local Time:
    It's in a workable state, waiting for Jitters to finish the second custom boss, and then it is just a matter of finding time in the release schedule, I'd like to put it out as a beta for the patrons to preview and see if they want tweaks etc.

Fireforce and MrR20 like this.
  20. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    We need a ubber boss a player whit loads of hp and takes nearly no dmg :) just for the lolz :)