1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Give Legacy Tier Donors a Discord Rank

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mrminesheeps, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    I was just curious about this the other day, as currently Donors (The monthly subscriptors) get a special rank (Tiered ranks, no less) and was just thinking it'd only be fair (And perfectly sound against Mojang's EULA) if we (The legacy donors) could get something similar, like perhaps a neat colored role. Obviously, it's purely cosmetic, but I just thought it'd be a nice way to give everyone who donated previously a way to show how long they've been around town.
    Dunno, I don't expect much from this, just figured a neat colored role would be appreciated by us all.
    If this does get added, I'll certainly be happy!
    -Mrminesheeps

2. Aerydar

Aerydar Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:27 AM
    i like having multiple roles, even if they don´t do anything. so i voted yes XD

mrminesheeps likes this.
  3. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    I don't think it's legally possible. Donors and MYM have a contract that states explicitly what you're entitled to. Appending anything to it would most likely violate Mojang's terms.

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    (Mojang |

Minecraft Commercial Use
    )
    So by interpretation, we could also assume this applies to cosmetic Discord ranks. I could be wrong, but this was from Mojang's own page, so...

5. ViesSPR

ViesSPR Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:27 PM
    This would be such a great thing! Finally could show off my rank in Discord that i bought few years back.

Rioghan_2, Aerydar and mrminesheeps like this.
  6. Krole69

Krole69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:27 AM
    I've been around forever it seems, most of the players that have tags dating back to 2014 have been top ranks so many times that we can't count. Being a legacy member and a former staff member having a tag that shows how long we have been here or our dedication that we keep returning to the server group we love, would be nice. PS: Don't forget to vote :)

Rioghan_2, Aerydar and mrminesheeps like this.
  7. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    The main problem I can see with this is that I don't think we can edit our legacies to include that as hanover had said. Due to the legacy rank itself being no longer allowed to sell we can't exactly start offering new things with it (even if cosmetic) Yes it would be lovely to have but it doesn't seem worth the risk of a potential shutdown.

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I mean, the only way I can see it being done to avoid that is having the player with the rank contact someone with proof of their rank in order to get an *unrelated* role, but idk, that may be too much trouble. Real shame, lots of people seemed pretty excited about the idea.

9. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Its not a matter of really proving on our end. Lets say one player gets upset at the new changes to an old system and reports to mojang. 2 weeks later we get a warning that we will be shutdown unless we revert or they just flat out remove our mojang authorization. The gamble would be if mojang itself allows it. Not us. I personally think this would be a great idea as it showcases the people who made mym into what it is. But unless we get a written statement by mojang themselves stating we can its just too much a risk in my opinion.

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Well, since I'm an adamant son-uv-a-sheep I'll see if I can't get in contact with someone about it, see if that'd be legal under their EULA/whatever since it's technically a 3rd party application beyond Minecraft. I'll screenie a response if I get one and post it here.

p5k likes this.
  11. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Safe journeys on your 2 month wait! Mojang support very rarely quickly responds xD

Your gonna be waiting awhile

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I kind of expect it lol but who knows, maybe someone will shoot me a quick response? One can dream I guess lol
    [doublepost=1573924562,1573888358][/doublepost]
    Kill me XD

13. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    About what i expected

mrminesheeps likes this.
  14. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    @SirWill what do you think about roles for Donors on Discord?

15. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:27 AM
    Saying no to this. Sorry.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.