1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BetterAchievements

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Hillgrove, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Hillgrove

Hillgrove Active Member

Local Time:
    1:49 PM
    I just tried to add the mod BetterAchievements to my Regrowth install, but was met with info that the mod was not allowed.

Any reason why not? and if not, I'd like for the mod to be considered white-listed.

I love achievements but with the vanilla window and using a scaled UI, the window to show them is very small, almost comically so.

With this addon, BetterAchievements, it scales to better fit your window, plus it adds tabs for each mod that has implemented achievements making it easier to switch between them.

For the mod in question, here is a link to the modpage on Curseforge:

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterachievements.

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Because sever runs on certain version of that modpack so addin any other mods within that modpack prevents connection to remove any conflicts that your connection to server can cause?

You can add as many mods to your singleplayer run but on server you must use recomended/stable/certain mod list.

Thread to close because there is nothing more to say(i hope)

3. Hillgrove

Hillgrove Active Member

Local Time:
    just odd that it doesn't work like Journeymap etc that I can add nilly willy and still play on servers.

BetterAchievements needing it be server side as well, seems odd.. but who knows.

4. LordEreh

Local Time:
    It's about data packet you send to server and you recieve from server - you can cause problem to server stability or your game can do funny things in extreme situations btw. MyM have policy about not adding nothing to pack if it's NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY

5. Hillgrove

Hillgrove Active Member

Local Time:
    whoa.. what's with the passive aggressiveness there.. nice big red letters.

Also.. MyM can have all the policies in the world, if they'd like. I was just wondering about why this one wasn't allowed. But if it somehow needs to talk to the server and thus needs the mod to be server side as well, I guess it makes sense for it not to be allowed.

I will find my magnifying glass instead when checking achievements.

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I think it's pink... or magenta and i used it to make a valid point.

I read dozens of threads about adding mods or 3rd party programs or change/add recipes to pack and i saw same stuff - "If its not nessesary we dont add anything bc we dont modify pack bc author makes pack like that and it works fine before or this or that or even copyright issues" or something like that.
    Also staff have more important things to do even having their personal lives!(sic!)

It's good thing because how MyM(i mean staff) add more mods to pack? Only with MyM Launcher they can, but what happens with people using different launchers?
    How will you solve this problem when person X uses MyM Launcher with BA and person Y uses e.g Twich join same server?
    Person Y using Twich have to manually add BA to modpack and that probably make problems or they will pass MyM bc they need to do something else do play beside downloading original and clicking "Play" buttom. People are lazy dont you know that?

If something works as it is better not change that because it will stop working. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong

7. Hillgrove

Hillgrove Active Member

Local Time:
    I use mods not added to the modpack(s) just fine. If a pack doesn't have mousetweaks or tabbychat or something else that I like to have, I add it. Ofc I'm not requiring or even expecting MyM (or any other Minecraft Networks for that matter) to add a server side mod if it's needed for me to have my QoL...

My entire point with my post(s) was that I thought it was odd that a mod, which seemingly only needs to be on the client (as it basically just changes the way Achievements are seen), had to have a server side mod as well.

But as I also said in my 2nd point.. if BA for some reason really needs that, then it's okay. I can live without it. I might not understand why it needs a server side mod, but that's besides the point.

8. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:49 AM
    Most likely it requires server side to sync with your achievements. The achievements are not stored on userdata its stored server side. MyM whitelist certain plugins for being allowed example being tabbychat. Other than that it gets blacklisted as its more resources the server has to waste.

I do hope this answers your questions. However i dont see us adding this as this is the first time im hearing this asked for. We usually only add if there is an outcry for a mod that can be used without having to interrupt users from joining using other launchers.