1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done the portal to access the dimensions does not work

Discussion in 'Revelation' started by joanb0, Feb 19, 2020.

1. joanb0

joanb0 New Member

Local Time:
    9:07 PM
    the portal to access the dimensions does not work, it opens the menu to choose this size but it does not work.
    it closes the menu and the portal does not remember someone could help us?

2. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:07 PM
    Hi, sorry for the late answer.

I'm not 100% sure what the problem is, so i'll explain everything i can.

First of all, make sure your portal is set up similar to this:

Meaning a sign saying "portal" on the first line, that gets powered by a piece of redstone. The sign should also be placed after the obsidian frame is already built.

When it's set up like that, it should show the menu like this:

You have to first unlock the dimension, and then it will be able to open the portal after that.

-----------------------------------

If the problem is that the portal closes before it teleports you, then that may be because of server TPS being wonky.

The Portal Charm from Dark Utilities can help solving this, if it's available on your server. This will make it so you enter portals instantly, instead of having to wait.

3. Mekill

Mekill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:07 PM
    That doesn't seem to be the issue. I am also having this issue, and according to chat other people also have. The portal is set up correctly, and the Portal Navigation menu pops up as intended. However, once you choose an unlocked portal to open, the menu closes and the portal does not light. I've restarted my game, remade the portal sign, tore down the portal and put it back up, but nothing seems to be working. There seems to be some server side issue, because everyone is having this problem. Hopefully the staff can figure it out.

sordain likes this.
  4. sordain

sordain Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:07 PM
    I am having the same issue, it was working fine but for the last week clicking on the lever pops up the menu and you can click where you want to go but the portal never forms

5. IC_Man_3

IC_Man_3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:07 PM
    Same. Happening to me too. I have an open ticket, and a junior admin confirmed the issue. Any work being done on this bug?

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:07 PM