1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Story Server Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirWill, Mar 13, 2020.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    [​IMG]
    Server Address:
    A couple of weeks ago I asked here if there was any interest in a server for the game Vintage Story. There has been enough interest and therefore we now have a Vintage Story server.
    The server has PVP disabled and is running with default settings for now. The settings will most likely get tweaked over time.
    To prevent griefing Vintage Story has commands which allow you to protect land: List of server commands - Vintage Story Wiki

Keep in mind that this is our first Vintage Story server and we don't know a lot about the game yet.
    Game Description Vintage Story is an uncompromising wilderness survival sandbox game inspired by lovecraftian horror themes. Find yourself in a ruined world reclaimed by nature and permeated by unnerving temporal disturbances. Relive the advent of human civilization, or take your own path.

2. Lady_of_the_Lake

Lady_of_the_Lake Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I really would like to have a look but I don't find this game in the mym launcher so how do I get there?

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
  4. Lady_of_the_Lake

Lady_of_the_Lake Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    oops hadn't realised that. Thanks

5. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If you start to take damage and everything look blurry. It says your poison. Most time its because your in a bad area. To close to spawn, Press H and search for Stability and you will understand.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    _Cilo_ likes this.
  6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Thoughts on enabling keep inventory?

7. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would help a lot. We cant set home right now. Its a rare item you need to get to set home. So the travel distance is grate bet-win safe zones. And items do dispawn after a time on the ground. No tombstones like mym. Keeping inventory is a nice thing.

8. Jdawg215

Jdawg215 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:30 PM
    I agree with MrR20; for totally new players, they'd get lost and starve easily in the middle of nowhere at night, when it's pitch black. Not to mention you're only confined to what little inventory you have until you make more, makes it that much more precious to not lose on death.
    [doublepost=1584258752,1584240418][/doublepost]I'd also recommend turning off food spoilage, due to time continuing in-server whenever someone's on, and ruining everyone else's food storages over time

9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    There are chests with the spawnpoint item and food at the spawn.

Fireforce likes this.
  10. lilsaint123

lilsaint123 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  11. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sir Will. Please make MyM rules be same rules for Vintage Story Mym server. Some cant behave.

12. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Those were protected last night, I'm not sure if this has changed, but I know I couldn't access them.

13. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    That was been fixed yesterday, i had the same issue as you, but am now able to take items from spawn.

There are chests with Torches, Food, and items to set your personal spawn point.

14. Jdawg215

Local Time:
    That food aint lasting long unless food decay is off

15. CompostTea

CompostTea Member

Local Time:
    5:30 PM
    i've had to set it to keep inventory and never aggressive just so i can learn how to progress with at least low level stuff.

i keep dying far too often from hunger still though

16. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    They are already are.

17. melvira

melvira Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Hello, everybody, We find that the duration of the night is quite long in the game, following our exchanges on the discord, I was advised to make a post on the forum here. Is it possible to look on your side if you have access to various options allowing you to reduce the duration? thanks to you

[17:08]
    Hello tout le monde, Nous trouvons que la durée de la nuit est assez longue dans le jeu, suite à nos échange sur le discord , il m'a été conseillé de faire un post sur le forum que voici. Est-ce que c'est possible de regarder de votre coté si vous avez accés à diverses options vous permettant de réduire la durée? merci à vous.
    En plus j'ai remarquer que la word map ne suis pas notre parcours .

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    MrR20 likes this.
  18. Jdawg215

Local Time:
    Ngl I'll personally wait for more QoL updates and hopefully a better claiming system, cause losing all my berry bushes and going down 100 levels in caves for copper isnt the most thrilling

lilsaint123 likes this.
  19. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I couldn't find any option to change the night time, only general time speed.

20. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:30 AM
    Is there a chance to update the server since stable 1.12.13 is out and maybe tweak the hunger down just a tad since we spend most of our time eating / looking for food when wearing armor to explore.

Fireforce likes this.