1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Suggestion: Celestial Journey (Divine Journey Spiritual Successor)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willshaper, Mar 14, 2020.

?

Would you like to see Celestial Journey added as a MyM server?

1. Yes Please!

29 vote(s)
    90.6%
  2. No Thanks!

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:59 PM
    Hi.

For the past half year, I've been keeping up with the development of a Spiritual Successor to the Divine Journey Modpack.

The pack, Celestial Journey, has finally been released! And i'd love to see a MyM Server for it.

Here's what the Author said about the pack:

Modpack Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/celestial-journey

Reddit Release Post: Celestial Journey (1.12.2) modpack has been released! Spiritual successor to Divine Journey : feedthebeast

Let me know what you think!

-Willshaper

IWantToHugYou and ImJinx like this.
  2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    Have you played it, just curious if the difficulty ramps up or if it is crazy from the start?

3. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I have played a bit of it, yes. But not much as i really dislike Single Player (I can cheat, and i can't stop myself from it <_<)

From what i have played though, and the recipes i have seen in JEI, the pack starts out close to a standard experience, but with slightly modified recipes, nothing crazy.

The pack also has the added challenge of the Divine RPG mods, some of which can be rather brutal.

Over time, the recipes get more and more crazy, and require you to interconnect all the major mods and craft items from one mod in another mods crafting system like, drac cores via Thaumcraft Infusion etc.

4. KeiranHalcyon89

KeiranHalcyon89 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1.12 DJ pack? Yas.

5. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    adding this will kill Divine Journey? Maybe we have a little guys there but...

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    DJ is 1.7 and there are always a ton of people that cant run any packs higher than 1.7. So I doubt it will outright kill it.

7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That's exactly reason why i asked... 1.12.. dont like me nor my PC

8. Jdawg215

Jdawg215 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Papa needs a new modpack with Thaum and Questbook, and this is giving me the scratch I need itched. GIMME

ImJinx likes this.
  9. MC_Arthemis

MC_Arthemis ~Alicia

Local Time:
    Ooh I loved DJ. I would love to play CJ
    That applies to me aswell... I need a server to play modpacks :D

10. pizzaluc

pizzaluc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Divine Journey have just been sacrified to the mym gods, no better time to put this up!

edit:
    I wonder how it compares to PO3 - Kappa mode, i loved playing PO2 - Kappa and Divine Journey, two very nice packs

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    GreyWolf11 and Willshaper like this.
  11. GotTheKill

GotTheKill Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I've been watching lets plays and it looks like a lot of fun!

Willshaper likes this.
  12. Relaxinglemon13

Relaxinglemon13 Relaxinglemon13

Local Time:
    3:59 PM
    This actually looks like an amazing idea but thats just me

13. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Just gonna bump this up so it's not forgotten about :)

14. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Seems with Divine Journey going to its final resting place this would make sense to replace it.

KeiranHalcyon89 and Willshaper like this.
  15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Have been playing this pack in the last hours and I have to say I am a bit disappointed. The reason for that is that so far the pack is just a 1 to 1 copy of the original, without bringing anything unique to the table.

The problem with that is that it doesnt even consider the changes mods have brought with them.
    I remember one of the early smeltery quests giving you redstone wire and a timer. Since the mod with the timer doesnt exist anymore, they just give you the wire. That is kinda stupid and shows that they did not really think about what they wanted to do there.
    Another quest wants you to make an Ender IO Alloy Smelter. What they forgot is the fact that Ender IO works different now. You have to go through the process of making all the basic machines first, get those dye things etc, the questbook does not even cover that. since it just copies the original one. They also could have easily expanded the progression here.

So far, I see nothing what justifies the pack over the original. I get that it is meant as a spiritual successor, but so far it is more like a copy. I looked ahead to some of the progression and even then they just copied a lot of the recipes. That is not a successor, that is a cheap copy of one of the best 1.7 packs out there. (Was never a fan of the original questbook either, but the recipes and progression were really good)

edit: Have to correct myself, it is even worse, they just removed all the new stuff from ender IO entirely to make it look like the old one. Not sure whether that is a different fork of the mod or just an old version.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020