1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Server Request: Project Ozone 3 Kappa Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willshaper, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    Any updates? Have been playing this a bit on another server and it is quite fun.
    Po3 normal seems popular right now, so I would rather like to see a second server for po3k.

p5k likes this.
  2. Jdawg215

Jdawg215 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    Basically any recognized modpack nowadays will be an abundance of Yes's to adding to MYM, just for something new

3. neurocid

neurocid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    Yes yes, bring the pain of PO3K grind for us

4. Alluvium420dab

Alluvium420dab Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:21 AM
  5. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:21 AM
    It is in the works. It is hard for me to push out new content right now as work has kept me extremely busy as of late with this virus stuff going on.

cbrozak likes this.
  6. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    How about we have both that way the people who want to still play normal can and the people that want to play Kappa can

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Given the issues with resources and the overwhelming outcry to have Kappa that isn't really feasible to maintain both versions.

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  8. p5k

p5k Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why not get rid of some of the servers that have like 0 players despite the quarantines? po3 is still looking pretty good and there are several players who asked for po3k, who don't play po3. Though tbh, despite saying that I'd want the pack, I don't think I would play there, as I have lost interest in the almost 50 days since it was suggested. I am honestly disappointed in MyM

9. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:21 PM
    Once the server comes out, ill defo be one of the first few ppl to jump on po3K. I have enjoyed every Project ozone that has come out!! I hate playing Solo coz no1 to talk too XD.... so ill defo be grinding it out when it turns up!! May even do this pack a few times! XD

10. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Looking forward to this, A LOT.

11. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    Just looking at this... its currently got 43 Yes votes .... thats a good amount for a kappa mode!! XD didnt think it would get that much attention tbh

12. pizzaluc

pizzaluc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It really is a great mode, nothing too grindy in the start, but they do introduce some pretty nasty custom multiblocks to progress later in.

the interconnectivity does leave a little to be desired, for example blood magic is practically untouched other than requiring endgame Lordcraft to get started (which for the record is the worst mod i have ever played with in the last 5 years)

harryarne and dragon87tamer like this.
  13. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am eager about this one, any chance there is a time frame or can we *maybe* get an idea about when/if? I spent 5 minutes on a different server starting this because of anticipation but I felt like I was cheating, I can't not play on MYM! I need it :D

(Edit: Also, if you need any help with it, I'd be willing)

dragon87tamer likes this.
  14. MisterRilik

MisterRilik Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    hey you do you, whenever you can get it out is fine with me, this virus crap has made it crazy EVERYWHERE, my job included so i feel ya there

15. _starmun

_starmun Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:21 PM
    Get me some kappa!

16. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah - really should be renamed BoredCraft...

17. York

York Member

Local Time:
    Tend to agree, I've been playing a few PO3 servers lately and every one on kappa mode lags relentlessly, probably due to the all the intense setups required to progress, and these are not exactly highly populated servers either.

Once you get past the initial quests it turns into a merry-go-round as you constantly cycle through JEI trying to backtrack through items/machines to see what needs doing next, even mid tier machines require multiple crafting stages, in the end you just get bored very quickly.

Personally I think Titan mode would be a good compromise.

18. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    Holy moley!! theres total 50 upvotes for this!! U guys must really want it!! I like u all ;)

19. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Titan Mode would be a compromise, if Normal Mode got shut down, which I don't see being a thing. So the real compromise is to have both Normal and Kappa.

20. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    See, my personal opinion is titan only exists to make you aware of how hard kappa is. Coz technically kappa is titan titaned XD

Normal is for those who dont want to grind out days playing a pack, kappa is IMO a great time waster ( also great in current situation with epidemic going round) and is designed to be grindy as hell for late game. Meaning u spend ages doing stuff for little gain, till u reach creative stuff. Which for me is Amazing, it shows determination and dedication to something, no matter how hard or challenging it may seem. Also its gives people like me a sense of accomplishment in having grinded out the hours/days on 1 item and know you did that and didnt give up.

cbrozak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.