1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Any way to permit block placers and OpenBlocks?

Discussion in 'Infinity Skyblock' started by Szigor, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Szigor

Szigor Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    Hey there, tried to make a living rock farm with block breakers/placers, tried every block placing mechanics that exist in the game (except from AE since I haven't got there yet) and none worked on the island. They work in the nether though. The restriction also hampers the advanced building guide as well and that one would be well crutial to have. I have already raised 3 enormous spheres by hand (each 10k ish blocks) but before I start the 4th one and the main dome (which is expected to take another 25k) that is meant to connect the whole strucure, I would like to see If anything can be done. I tried the /is trust [modname] thing that is recommended at the claims guide but that does not seem to help.
    Look, I understand that it might be a hassle looking into it, but some of us aim to build more than your standard 9by9 Direwolf copyrighted shoebox. And this is a skyblock. Makes griefing more difficult than on normal land due to vast distances over void. I suppose island owners could have more options laxing security, I would gladly take responsibility for griefing occuring for me messing up the trust system would it be the price for actually usable modded experience.
    Kind regards

Sandstroem likes this.
  2. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:51 PM
  3. Szigor

Szigor Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    Didn't know OpenBlocks had so many handlers, I used the wrong syntax. Now I trusted all the mods from the list as a test and now block placers are finally working, although the Enhanced Buiding Guide still refuses to place any blocks (it should fill the shape you made with the blocks you are right clicking with on the EBG). That list is handy, wish server automated messages let you know about these kind of issues, for me at least took some time to figure this out (at first I made the banned MFR one and I thought the rest were also banned for some reason).
    Thx.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:51 PM
    I'm going to guess we don't allow the EBG because it will gladly bypass claims while working.

5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:51 PM
    As a side note: Some stuff with block detection does not work due to the blockupdates being disabled. I tried a living rock farm once which didnt work, since the conversion from stone to living rock did not get detected, the setup worked perfectly in SP.
    Same reason you have to manually "trigger" the cobblegen at the start.
    Has nothing to do with those permissions, but might often be the reason why stuff with blockbreakers etc doesnt work.

6. Zyrade

Zyrade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:51 PM
    I'll go ahead and mark this as solved, since it seems like the issue was worked around with trusting the mods to your claim!

Sandstroem likes this.