1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Add A Better Daily Claims System

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Sengorn_Leopard, May 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sengorn_Leopard

Sengorn_Leopard Active Member

Local Time:
    7:20 AM
    I suggest adding a system to earn claims on a time played basis or a daily login basis.

1.) Tokens are the main source of earning claims
    2.) Voting is severely broken, it doesn't reward tokens reliably.
    3.) Staff cannot fix voting.
    4.) My base has been griefed multiple times to varying levels of severeness.
    5.) Purchasing claims with Real Life Currency is not possible to me, and not feasible for many.
    6.) Builders, people who enjoy base creation are either at risk or curtailed by lack of protection.
    7.) Market is not a reliable way to earn MYM's for claims.

I am supposed to earn 700 claim blocks a day from voting; I vote consistantly.
    I am down to 200 claims blocks a day.

I want to protect my base.
    1.) Bases expand x^2, it's area.
    2.) Vote tokens are awarded in a linear fashion, x^1.
    This already creates diminishing returns on tokens earned. With a malfunctioning vote system being the only way to earn daily claims, the task is impossible.

2. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:20 PM
    Or expand your base after claiming it.

3. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:20 AM
    I can probably adjust the amount of claimblocks that you get for each vote token. Since quite a few votes site are "not always working." This is an idea?

Sengorn_Leopard likes this.
  4. Sengorn_Leopard

Local Time:
    Point #6 Builders, people who enjoy base creation are either at risk or curtailed by lack of protection.

I find it problematic that the ever decreasing amount of tokens earned are preventing me from expanding, if I follow your advice I would be unable to expand. At my current rate I can expand 1 block in radius every several days.

If as the trend suggests, even more vote sites stop working, I'll be unable to build at all inside a protected area.

5. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This would mean you would either have to increase the cost/sell of claimblocks as well, or increase the money obtained from vote tokens as well. The first option would devalue any claimblocks already in possession by players.
    [doublepost=1588552048][/doublepost]
    I just voted and got 4 sites out of 6. The 7th site is indeed borked. While sub-optimal, this does not follow your trend.

6. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    This is for vote tokens to claimblocks. Not MyMs to claimblocks. If I were to change MyM values, then this would be the case no?

7. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    On bteam, you can sell claimblocks back to myms and vice versa. We would prefer to keep being able to buy/sell claimblocks, however.

Regardless, voting is our only real source of income on the server, so lowered voting also impacts the amount of money entering the economy.

8. Sengorn_Leopard

Local Time:
    I don't know what to say when others tell me that the vote sites are working for them. I have gone to great lengths to ensure I spell my username correctly, I complete the captcha, and I have checked to make sure the sites register that I have voted. I do '/vote forceupdate' multiple times after each vote submission also.

Over time, I have been receiving fewer and fewer tokens after having voted. I have spoken with others who've received varying amounts of tokens after voting- I could not explain why only some players are affected. I can find a way to submit evidence that I do vote correctly and that I do not receive tokens if required.

At first I did get 50 tokens, then after a couple days I only got 30 each day. My current gain is 20 tokens after voting, this is the trend to which I refer

9. Zyrade

Zyrade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There has been an increase in the amount of players having issues with getting tokens from voting, so its certainly not just you, Sengorn.

10. Aidoneus

Local Time:
  11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    On which voting sites is this issue?

12. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:20 AM
    The worst two offenders are:

Link 7 (https://atlauncher.com/servers/server/MineYourMindSevTechAges) has been throwing a 500 | Server Error for a while now with the page not even loading.
    Link 6 (https://tekkit-legends-servers.com/server/6/tekkit-legends-server-) almost never gives vote tokens and sometimes leads to a 404 error (Also gives a warning about an expired security cert for the site as a whole.)

The rest usually give vote tokens but intermittently will not. These are just from my observations, I haven't been able to test more than 6 and 7 in detail.

wyndman and Sengorn_Leopard like this.
  13. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm wonder if we shouldn't approach this as a loyalty type reward, think of it as the way we handle prestige points in SF4, you get x amount of tokens per hour we can combine that with standard voting to ensure there is never a complete gap in token gathering.

14. Sengorn_Leopard

Local Time:
    In addition to the links posted by Kronn, the following also refuse to give vote tokens the majority of the time for me:

topg.org
    ftbservers.com
    tekkitserverlist.com

I've found a list of "More vote links" in the forum, it was quite an extensive list! Unfortunately none of them work and multiple people have suggested searching the forum for extra vote links.

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    They deleted the entry for some unknown reason. I created a new one.
    Resolved.

All working fine.

wyndman likes this.
  16. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:20 AM
    I personally disagree with changing the claim system. I've never spent tokens, nor have I ever spent IRL money on claim blocks, and I have more than I'll ever need. Just create farms that produce high demand items and sell them on the market. You can make a few hundred MyMs a day doing it.

17. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The problem to that is that if voting doesn't work as intended, much less money comes into the economy, thus making it hard for people to buy stuff.

18. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    If you find anymore voting sites not working let us know. SirWill has resolved the ones reported.

Raptorpea4343 and GreyWolf11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.