1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against MFR Chunk-loaders for Patreons on B-team.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by tictacton, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    Just out of curiosity, why are the MFR Chunk-loaders disabled on b-team for Patreons?
    If I'm correct, the other modpacks use a plugin or something for them, but the MFR chunk-loaders are possible and easily configured on b-team.
    I believe in config you can change the rf "price"per tick per chunk , as well set maximum chunk radius easily.

You could just make it so only Patreons could get the block, then set the power usage to 0rf/tick and set max to 1 chunk. (Or however many chunks Patreons normally get)

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    As far as I am aware, all chunk loaders are disabled in favor for MyM's own chunk loader plugin. Long story short, modded chunk loaders have a tendency to bring the server to its knees if there are too many chunks loading too many server requests at the same time. Have you tried using the built-in chunk loaders yet? (i.e place down an iron or gold block and shift+right click on it).

3. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    Like tona said, all chunk loaders are disabled in favor of the chunkloading plugin (Iron blocks for online loaders, gold blocks for offline)

4. tictacton

Local Time:
    Yes but the plugin is not available on older modpacks like B-Team.

5. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Correct, the plugin that's compatible with 1.7.10+. Bteam, on the other hand, is still 1.6.4.

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:16 AM
    There are no chunkloaders for 1.6.4 Minecraft servers. Most of these chunkloaders caused crashes with our servers. I haven't tested this recently, but this was the reason they are disabled for all I believe.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  7. tictacton

Local Time:
    Ah I see, I just assumed they were disabled because you can load like 32 chunks or something with one chunkloader. But if it has to do with crashes then that makes sense.

8. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:16 AM
    Decided against.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.