1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Add Generated Structures to Farm-World

Discussion in 'B-Team' started by tictacton, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:51 AM
    Can we have naturally generated structures added to the farm-world? There are some like mineshafts and strongholds, but things like stone circle, and wicker-man structures are nowhere to be found. Both of these structures are a good source of mob-spawners, and since most (if not all) of the stone circles have been looted on the main overworld dimension, other players are missing out on the Witch Spawners which naturally generate in them.

Also, not sure if slime islands are enabled, but if they aren't it would be nice to see those too.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    I believe the Tinkers Construct slime islands happened much later in the mods development so there isn't anything that can be done about that. As for the other items the farmworld is generated much like the overworld so there's a lot random luck in the seed producing extra things, perhaps it needs a new seed to draw from or you are just not getting lucky in finding them. Let me see if our B-Team experts can comment on it. @dubhnoir @Slowfeed

3. Slowfeed

Slowfeed Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am not in farmworld much anymore but I do know I have gone passed them before in the farmworld. I have never seen a wickerman but I'm not sure if those even naturally spawn. In regards to stone circles I have never come across one myself but I have had some players ask me about them when they found them in the farmworld. A new seed may not be the worst idea.

~Slowfeed

4. tictacton

Local Time:
    Wickerman and Stone circles seem to spawn at a much higher rate in singleplayer. Maybe MyM has turned down the rates in which they occur?

5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Singleplayer worlds also have no world border allowing for more worldgen. We don't have unlimited disc space so farmworlds are limited to 7200 x 7200. This limits the amount of worldgen.

6. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:51 PM
    When the world is generated, is this done as DIM3? Or is this a map taken from somewhere else? Considering the fact that Slime Islands ONLY generate in the DIM0 overworld by default per the TinkersWorkshop config (see below), I'm seriously wondering if the slime islands are actually spawned at all. Does the farmworld even get reset?

####################
    # dimblacklist
    ####################

dimblacklist {
    # True: slime islands wont generate in any ages other than overworld(if enabled); False: will generate in all non-blackisted ages
    B:GenerateSlimeIslandInDim0Only=true

7. tictacton

Local Time:
    Likewise with the Wickerman, in the config the generation is set to true by default. I've never seen one on my entire time playing MyM, so I think they must have been disabled.

####################
    # general
    ####################

general {

B:GenerateWickerMen=true

8. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Worlds are usually generated on a separate server as DIM0 (Overworld) and then moved to production server and setup as Farmworld (DIM3). Since Bteam doesn't have a TinkersConstruct.cfg we can assume all settings are at internal defaults.

9. tictacton

Local Time:
    How about the witchery related structures like stone circles and wickerman? They are from Witchery.

10. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That's because its not a TinkersConstruct config, but a TinkersWorkshop config and a TMechworks config.

11. wyndman

Local Time:
    I had to consult my brain on this one and I do recall having a slime island near one of Dubhnoir's bases, now I can't recall if that was this map or the previous so they do exist in the pack.

12. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    They do exist in Bteam and are a quite common find in the non-farmworld overworld.

13. wyndman

Local Time:
    I would speculate that it is a similar issue to the generation of some of the more recent farmworlds, but that does seem unlikely as the farmworld features the same ore generation as you find in the overworld.

14. tictacton

Local Time:
    Yeah so basically the issue on b-team is:

Slime islands (Tinkers' Workshop), Wickerman (Witchery), and Stone Circles (Witchery) are not generating in the farm-world.

Wickerman also arent generating in overworld, but that can't be fixed without a map reset.

15. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    When the farmworld for Bteam is reset, is a new world generated, or is an old one placed back? The reason I'm asking this is because I had a Natura Redwood tree (one of those huge banned ones, no, not the rubber one) marked on my minimap, months ago. Pretty sure I even chopped it down due to a request for redwood. It's back now, at the exact coordinates I put my waypoint.

16. wyndman

Local Time:
    We recycle the world so it is the same seed every month. This makes the process quick and easy it is just a matter of copying a pre-generated template to the farmworld on the first restart of the month. I'm not sure if there are resource restrictive reasons why we don't employ a rotation of a few seeds that would be something an @Administrator would have a better answer for.

17. Dead_0nArrival

Dead_0nArrival Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Bumping so this doesn't get lost...

It appears the problem is:

with a possible solution being:

18. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Unfortunately, it is impossible to fix the slime islands, and likely the witchery worldgen as well, as these are tied to specific dimension IDs. The slime islands can be enabled by config, but without a lot of work, this would mean they would spawn in all positive dimension, which includes space station dimensions. I tested this in singleplayer and did actually found such an island in a space station dimension.

The only actual fix to this is pre-generating the world as a Dimension zero (0) overworld, then using it as a farmworld. This would fix some other worldgen stuff as well.

19. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    Just so you know, we haven't forgotten about this

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  20. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    This will be fixed in the upcoming reset

Thread Status: