1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Token Rewards for Playtime Promotions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by tictacton, May 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:17 PM
    I'd love to see some alternative methods of getting tokens besides the daily voting. It would be an awesome addition for players to receive tokens upon promotions, and have the amount of tokens go up each promotion to match the playtime. This would give players another incentive to play more, especially if the token rewards were substantial.

mym ranks - Google Tabellen
    Have tokens rewards move up with the playtime ^

sp33draft, Sannukun and Braun_ like this.
  2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:17 PM
    This is actually a very nice suggestion. I really like this. @SirWill how hard is it to implement something like this?

GreyWolf11 and Braun_ like this.
  3. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:

That's one of the perks for being patron supporting server if people want other ways to get tokens.

4. MaskdChaos

MaskdChaos Moderator

Local Time:
    12:17 AM
    I like this idea also. It would need to be a one time payout not a daily thing like what you get from other perks.

5. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:

So would you also make new promotions for those of us already maxed out ?

6. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Prob something to do with how long we are playing on a server ( active time, or lets say X amount of tokens per 3hrs of active time ) rather than going off the time to unlock a title .

+1 for this suggestion though

7. tictacton

Local Time:
    Well I would like it for each time you get a promotion. So like getting Titan gives you 1500, getting Demigod gives you 1750, Immortal gives you 2000 etc. And if you already have the ranks, you just get the tokens you would have originally gotten had you been promoted when this was active.

8. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    1:17 AM
    I like this method, but the suggestion as a whole is great!

9. Zyrade

Zyrade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I also think this is a nice suggestion and hope to see something come from this! :)

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  10. Nanninininin

Nanninininin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This seems like a pretty useless idea. From voting alone, you can get 80 tokens a day. Giving out thousands would be redundant since if people were playing that much, and they needed the money, They would already be voting everyday. Not only that, giving away that many tokens would hurt the already damaged economy

11. tictacton

Local Time:
    There's a difference between just giving out thousands, and rewarding players for extensive playtime. People dedicate a lot of time on MyM, and it would be a great way for them to be recognized. Remember, a lot of players on 1.7+ modpacks wouldn't turn the tokens in for MyMs, but would more likely exchange them for chunk loader tickets.

12. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    There is no economy on mym so I can't even with this comment.. most players are buying claimblocks/chunkloader tickets, myms are relatively useless now on every server. 1.7 server like infinity have a market but getting every item on infinity is like playing on peaceful mode.

Sandstroem and tictacton like this.
  13. tictacton

Local Time:
    B-Team actually has a pretty well-developed economy, but yeah most MyM servers don't.

14. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:

If your playing and considering yourself dedicating time to a network just to get rewarded your doing it for the wrong reasons.

As mentioned before become a patron 3 and you will got 60 tokens per day without having to lift a finger.

This way your getting what you want - MYM is getting the resources they need to support server cost. WIN WIN

15. Nanninininin

Nanninininin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i think currency would have more value if we could turn myms into chunkloader tickets. It would add more use to myms since on newer severs i can barely find a reason for them existing.

16. tictacton

Local Time:
    I’m not saying to play for the rewards, I’ll play on MyM either way. My point is that I think there should be more rewards for players who dedicate thousands of hours to playing mym without having to spend money. A lot of players are in a similar position as myself, students living paycheck to paycheck, who simply can’t spend that kind of money each month.

It’s also just nice to have another method of getting tokens, and what better way then by reaching playtime milestones.

17. Zyrade

Zyrade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't see a huge impact on being Patron or not. Tokens from Patron are received daily, while Tictac is proposing a one-time reward with each rank, regardless of Patron or normal player. And after the first few ranks, you do have a fair amount of time between ranking up, where you wouldn't necessarily have tokens without say, voting or having Patron.

tictacton and GreyWolf11 like this.
  18. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    What Zy said. Here's what the playtime ranks look like as you advance.
    [​IMG]

tictacton likes this.
  19. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Out with the old timers in with the new entitled I suppose.

But the purpose of the vote system was to get MYM noticed on rankings to support the server.

Patrons support with cash - Voters support with time filling out vote sites.

Work for cash, or use time voting to earn the tokens.

But lets throw it all out the window since the deserving say so.

But my opinion means nothing so enough said - later.

20. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    It's just a discussion regarding a suggestion, not necessary to attack people as entitled because of a difference of opinion.

tictacton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.