1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Server Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Braun_, May 24, 2020.

?

Would you like to have a underwater skyblock experience?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2020.
  1. No, I'm a dirty sock.

21.7%
  2. Yes, potato

65.2%
  3. Can I get a Hoy Yeah?!?!

43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    8:47 AM
    Lets take a look at Seablock !
    The pack description:
    " Seablock: Rustic Waters is a unique underwater experience. You begin the journey on a small enclosed underwater hub. Frigid ocean waters stretch from near bedrock to near max build height. Follow the in-depth quest guide to learn how to generate resources, automate processes, and if you advance your technology far enough, eventually escape to a land-filled paradise.
    This pack is filled with atmosphere and gives you a "Subnautica-esque" feeling of adventure. Traverse the ocean in your personal submarine to explore monuments, shipwrecks, and even underwater villages where you can participate in a deep economy to further your advancements. Expand your hub manually, using a plethora of tools, gadgets, and diving gear... and/or take advantage of the automated Hub Expansion system to branch out quickly. Either way, you will learn how to make the best use of your resources and your space. This modpack is server friendly, with a custom designed system made to spread new players into their own hubs a reasonable distance from other players, but not so far that they couldn't visit one another in their submarines."

This would be a very fun underwater skyblock! It reminds me very much of a pola ropposite of volcano block with it being more focused around the ocean rather than lava. Hopefully with some support we can make this pack happen.

Like how eternal launched It would be nice to have a patron node, and public server if the support is warranted.

Kissqt and sp33draft like this.
  2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    Not exactly sure how you would do this with MyMs island claim system, since a big part of this pack is exploration from your base (and not going to some form of farmworld), but other than that Rustic Waters is a great and unique pack.

TomboyEnthusiast and sp33draft like this.
  3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:47 PM
    AFAIK it shouldn't take too much tweaking to make it work, the modpack already spreads people out far enough to allow for the worldgen features between each players base, the island claim system would just need to be reconfigured to apply a protected area the appropriate distance apart, either with a LARGE claim to protect both the base and some nearby monuments/shipwrecks/etc or a small claim to protect just the base and a limited surrounding area for expansion, and then have the worldgen features in neutral territory between each claim..

Would be the same setup as Crash Landing ideally, with a farmworld that has the same worldgen features as the overworld and possibly a chest regenerating plugin so that any given chest/container can be looted by multiple players, that way it wouldn't matter if your island doesn't spawn with a shipwreck on it for example (or one close to you was already looted by a nearby player if in neutral territory), you could just explore the farmworld to find one instead.

Not sure how well the submarines would work with teleporting to farmworld, but that's the only issue I can see being a problem.

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If those submarines can be transported like rockets from galacticraft... But i see Capsule mod so we can "shrink" our subs - i like this mod icon it reminds me those made by CapsuleCorp from DragonBall.

But when i saw 9 pages of mod list... my potato dont liked that also that its 1.12(worst version for my potato even than 1.14)

5. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Reminds me of Subnautica, looks pretty neat.

LadyRen13 and Braun_ like this.
  6. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    I'm not sure how compatible the custom spacing the pack uses would be with our island system for 1.12, we may have to disable that and replicate it using the plugin somehow if we were to host this pack. The pack looks interesting though, I will probably take a look in SP to see what it's all about.

As for hypothetically hosting 2 nodes or it, I'm not sure we have the resources for that either at this point in time.

Braun_ likes this.
  7. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    With the tediousness of the crafting system used in the pack - it's a pass for me.

8. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Its alright, you can join the dirty sock gang gang. The crafting system is the main mod used in interactions (for crafting) which wasn't everyone's favorite aspect of that pack.

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:47 AM
    Is this type of server something you guys still want? @Braun_

10. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
  11. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:47 AM
    Not sure about Material Energy 5. There is this in big letters on the pack page.
    [​IMG]

12. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
  13. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    I'm not sure why that is a requirement so far, unless it is just a matter of poor quest design it doesn't seem like I was doing anything in single player that would require elevated privileges. I'm only three chapters in though so take that with a grain of salt. Maybe we could test it internally without opping and see where the road block is.