1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Autonomous hitting players

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nanninininin, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanninininin

Nanninininin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:35 PM
    I needed autonomous activators to hit me for something that I'm working on. But i assume that the /pvp command prevents autonomous activators from hitting other players. As [cofh] is basically another player in the form of a block. Is it possible to let autonomous activators be exempt from having to do /pvp in order to hit other players?

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    There is a command that *should* give cofh units the permission to hit someone within a claim, but I can't quite remember it. However, blocks damaging players could lead to the unwanted side effect of player traps becoming easier to make.

There are other ways to inflict damage to your player though, stand next to some cacti. It depends a bit what you're trying to do.

3. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    thats the thing, autonomous activators wont hit people even outside a claim. Likely because they probably have to do /pvp in order to be able to inflict damage. And for my case, cacti wont do enough

4. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You've never seen what an utter death trap Mr Crayfish electric fences are.

tictacton and LadyRen13 like this.
  5. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I do not see this really needed. The only this I can think of that you would need a autonomous activator to be able to hit a player is setting up a afk machine.. or a player trap which both are frowned on.

6. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    afk machines are easy to make regardless. And realistically there are way better ways to create player traps within bteam. If i need to test something, and that includes me being hit, Its annoying to ask someone to tp in order to help you. Autonomous should be able to hit players in the first place anyway.

7. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    8:35 PM
    They can hit players and do, Bypassing the pvp system for your own gain though is a violation of server rules. If using it for that reason anyway. Also to add them to the claim you would do "/trust [COFH]" or something like that which would allow it to do damage to mobs and players within a claim. Not sure about outside the claim. Remember bypassing the anti-pvp system is indeed a violation of server rules.

8. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    They cant hit players. Thats why i made this entire forum post. And im not tryping to bypass pvp im trying to hit myself. Trusting them to the claim would work in the opposite way I would want it to. And I already understand that bypassing pvp is a violation because its literally everywhere on my screen when I hit someone on accident.

9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    What are you actually working on?
    We could probably help you better if we knew what you want to achieve and it avoids all the talk about pvp bypass and afk machines.

Also it saves me some time to look into what you are doing at your base.

10. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    Bteam uses the plugin mcmmo, and I would like to use autonomous activators for multiple farms

11. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Translation: He wants to use autonomous activators as an automated machine for some mcmmo skills.

12. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:35 PM
    To many potential exploits to come from this. Sorry.
    Decided against.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.