Implemented Add village tinkerer to shop in bteam

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nanninininin, Jun 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanninininin

Nanninininin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:08 PM
    Villages on bteam are disabled for the most part, and I've never seen a village tinkerer spawn naturally, or coming from a spawn egg. They have pretty good trades, and It would be nice to have them added to the shop at spawn.

2. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    +1 To my knowledge there is no possible way to obtain this mob on MyM, but it is quite useful.

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:08 PM
    Might be because of

"worldgen disabler" {
    B:"Add Village Generation"=false

4. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    that’s why I suggested a way to obtain this mob through the spawn shop

5. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:08 PM
    Can you help me out here? What is the purpose of the mob?

6. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    It acts like just a normal villager, but they have special trades. Instead of using emeralds, you use pistons and other things in order to buy things such as oreberry bushes from them

7. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    Oreberry bushes are very hard to obtain, as they only spawn in the building overworld. They do not spawn in the farmworld, due to certain reasons we're not going into here, look on the other thread for that.

This villager can be made auto-spawner-able by setting "B:"Add Village Generation"=false" in the TinkersWorkshop config file to "true". I certainly imagine that would extend to villager spawn eggs as well. Bteam has it by default to false, and the spawning of these villagers seems to be tied to this.

8. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Not sure why this is disabled by the pack. I will do some digging and see if there is a valid reason

9. wyndman

Local Time:
    I looked around and couldn't find a good reason for it, I found a single thread suggesting another mod was conflicting with the generation with it enabled, but there wasn't any real traction there. The BOP Village generation might also be turned off by default on b-team too for which I couldn't find any reasoning either.

10. LadyRen13

LadyRen13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Just an update, Electriclemonade was able to add the ore berry bushes to spawn for purchase using myms.

wyndman likes this.
  11. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The reasoning the BOP village generation is off is because of a crash issue during world generation. I logically assume that this is caused by a specific BOP biome, but I've only come across like 2-3 of these crashes in 3 years time. Tbf, you need to reenable villages to even see the crash.

12. wyndman

Local Time:
    I'm wondering if they generate normally in the farmworld. I know I have seem them before, but I couldn't tell you if it was in the overworld or farmworld.

13. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    Most villages ive seen have been in the overworld. The farmworld doesn't even spawn slime islands

14. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah, as mentioned in another forum post, it seems that a lot of natural generation isn't enabled in the farmworld. I have seen villages but they are usually super empty/"dry". (Still wondering if MyM will add wickerman and stone circles to the farmworld gen o_O)

15. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Based on a discussion in the other thread (mym.li/f/33744) and based on personal experience, I was able to deduce that when the farmworld is reset, it is just "wiped" and "replaced" with the same seed as before. However, a lot of specific worldgen is tied to Dimension 0, as per the config file:

Code:
     TinkersWorkshop.cfg, aka the TConstruct config:

####################
    # dimblacklist
    ####################

dimblacklist {
    	# True: slime islands wont generate in any ages other than overworld(if enabled); False: will generate in all non-blackisted ages
    	B:GenerateSlimeIslandInDim0Only=true

# Add dimension ID's to prevent slime islands from generating in them
    	I:SlimeIslandDimBlacklist <
    	 >

# Generate slime islands in flat worlds
    	B:genIslandsFlat=false

# True: slime islands generate in overworld; False they do not generate
    	B:slimeIslGenDim0=true
    }
    Based on these config options, it is very unlikely that Slime Islands spawn in Dim3 Farmworld, as they are limited to Dim0. The problem this creates, though, is that I do not know if setting the first option to false causes slime islands to spawn in hard-t0-blacklist dimensions, like space stations. Based on a quick google, this is indeed an issue: Blacklisting Advanced Rocketry dimensions : feedthebeast
    Enabling slime islands outside Dim0 has resulted in me finding a slime island in a spacestation dimension on a singleplayer testworld.

Part 1 of discovery process.
    [doublepost=1591829289,1591824156][/doublepost]Part 2 of discovery process:

Based on the DimensionBlacklist.class in tconstruct/util/config/, Slime islands are not spawned at all if the Dimension ID is below zero. This means that enabling slime islands outside Dim0 will never spawn them in dimensions like the Tropicraft one, the Torment dimension (Witchery) or the Nether (Dim-1). Twilight Forest (not included in the modpack) dimension gets auto-blacklisted. Promised Lands (disabled, but supposedly not unreachable, unfortunately), if not set to the apparantely default dimID of -100, gets automatically added to some "nopool" array. Can't find what that's about. PL is Dim21 on Bteam.

Galacticraft Moon/Mars are fine, as the DimID of the Moon is -28, while the DimID of Mars is -29.

Long story short, the "only" dimensions affected by changing this setting are:
    • Dim2. An overworld dimension. Unsure what this is, unreachable by normal means.
    • Dim3. Farmworld. Also called Farmworld1.
    • Dim9. Spirit World, witchery. It's supposed to be a clone of Dim0, with the addition of special plants, a mob and some mechanics.
    • Dim21. Promised Lands. Unsure. Irrelevant, because this dimension should be unreachable.
    • Any Space Station dimension, which seem to take up any positive dimension ID that's unused.
    End of Part 2.
    [doublepost=1591829743][/doublepost]Part 3:

Based on earlier experience with Tinkerer Villagers and how those spawn, it is very likely that Oreberry bushes are tied to slime island generation. This is actually hard to test, as I cannot easily create a second overworld in singleplayer. Also, unlike the nice and easy to read DimensionBlacklist.class, the OreberryBush.class is almost unreadable for me.

End of Part 3, as I'm going to bed now.

tictacton likes this.
  16. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    I will think about this. We could put up Oreberry bushes on the market for x number of MyMs. Is there anything else they trade that you might want if I go this route?

17. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    @Aidoneus Lemonade already put up the prices and everything in the market at spawn.

18. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    So this isn't really needed anymore?

19. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    yeah, you can close this thread if you need to.

20. Aidoneus

Local Time:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.