1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sevtech passive spawns

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by CambriaKilgannon, Aug 10, 2020.

1. CambriaKilgannon

CambriaKilgannon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    Hi all!! The new Sevtech server is great! However, the struggle for new players finding passive spawns is too great. If possible, could the passive spawns be increased? Has anyone else discovered a way to get around this problem. Thank you!

2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:48 AM
    This doesn't solve the spawn problems, but there are a few workarounds. For abyssal mobs find @Willshaper, he has set up a spawner for those.

I have two spawners that I can change to any vanilla mob, so you can farm as many cows as you need.

3. Elite82pt

Elite82pt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:48 AM
    Admins are already taking care of this... We just need to be paciente... In the meanwhile you can use our great community spawns! Just ask around!

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    5:48 AM
    Which passive mobs for example?

5. CambriaKilgannon

CambriaKilgannon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    TBH all spawns...I have found pairs of all passive mobs, but my critters get deleted with mob clear I think. All except buffalo get removed. I would just like a small farm of 2-4 of each animal. Thanks for taking the time with this!

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    8:48 PM
    Just wanted to give a progress update on this. The mobs do spawn, but with them being sparse and the world being MUCH larger than players are used to this makes finding mobs pretty difficult.Still working on getting more mobs to spawn though.

I have a test server up and so far I have...
    • Disabled InControl mod which limits spawns
    • Disabled EntityControl which limits spawns
    • Tried different versions of Sponge
    • Upped the mob cap
    • Limited and whitelisted mobs
    • Disabled DespawningSpawners mod which despawns spawners after 50 spawns.
    • Increased View Distance since this github report mentioned it as a possible issue.
    None of this changed how the mobs are spawning.

[​IMG]

As you can see, animals do spawn, but because the world is so large and with Sevtech's special systems they are very sparse - and only in proper temperature regions. I will be further limiting the spawn of bats and squids. That should help some.

We'll keep poking at it. I just wanted to let you know we are working on it. :)

HanoverFist69

SirWill likes this.