1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented B-Team Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by tictacton, Aug 14, 2020.

1. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    Lots of long-time B-Team players have been slowing down in how much they play because of the lack of stuff to do. I understand that B-Team is the biggest source of new players for MyM, but I think that's going to remain the case until it completely dies. I personally think it would be better to just rip off the band-aid and reset it, even if it means a ticking off a few newer players. I can guarantee that many older players will come back and be more active again. Not to mention the fact that the world has been griefed to the point where you can almost never find untouched land in the Overworld. The Torment dimension is also totally destroyed and all of the return portals are gone, and all of the Moon Dungeons and Tropicraft villages have also been looted/destroyed.

I think that now is as good a time as any to reset, and if it keeps getting held back, the pack will probably die :'(

Edit*** This would also be a good opportunity to host a spawn build competition.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Doodlecraft and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  2. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    To anyone that may know: when was the last hard reset on b-team?

3. tictacton

Local Time:
    I think ~3 years ago.

4. Doodlecraft

Doodlecraft New Member

Local Time:
    3:46 AM
    I'm new to your server, but I can definitely see the value in a reset after exploring for awhile and seeing how absolutely torn up everything is. I was actually thinking of moving on until I saw this post, i'll definitely hang longer if a reset is in the works.

5. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I hopped onto the server to check the damage, it's pretty bad.

All these screenshots were taken in the span of half an hour, just /rt'ing around.

It's in my opinion that action has to be taken, since the server attracts a good amount of new players, and it reflects badly on our network if this is the first thing they see.

6. Nanninininin

Nanninininin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    A b-team reset is definitely the best move for the modpack right now

Shizucc and tictacton like this.
  7. jordanbr13

jordanbr13 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    I feel like that is not as bad as infinity tbh...

8. tictacton

Local Time:
    Theres wayyy worse stuff than that lol.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  9. Wyvern__

Wyvern__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:46 AM
    I'd like a reset as well, some untouched mountains again and no dirt towers everywhere. I'd even consider signing up for a spawn building contest if there would be one. Would be nice to have a clean slate where everyone is on the same level again~
    Edit: I'm now even more hyped for a reset for some reason. Maybe a poll could help decide?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    tictacton and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  10. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My question is. Especially to @tictacton if you or new players are unable to find good land to build on
    Why hasnt there been a single ticket submitted for a request to have it regenned? I agree resetting the server is a good idea but you guys are saying it looks ugly and destroyed yet no requests to regenerate anything?

Shizucc and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  11. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Probably because nobody knows thats actually a thing... And ive stopped submitting those because i was told off by staff that i was making to many regen tickets... sooo To do... or not to do...

12. tictacton

Local Time:
    I was aware of this, but I know that the vast majority of players aren't. The point also isn't for the sake of regenerating POI's, but rather repair the crazy damage that spans the entirety of the map. There's simply too much damage to be able to go around and reset each chunk. I have personally been lucky enough to find all of the loot I need before it was taken, but new players won't have that same ability (unless they ask, but I doubt they know they can).

It's sort of just at that point where the map has been worn-down beyond repair, unless you reset every chunk that wasn't claimed/lived in lol.

My reason for requesting the reset isn't exclusively for land regen, but mainly just to give everyone a fresh start and a reason to keep playing.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  13. jordanbr13

jordanbr13 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:

In my option, if the server has already been running for 3+ years ( most players prob have now beaten the mod pack ) and the land is in that bad of shape, I could see a reset being a good idea..

Wyvern__ likes this.
  14. tictacton

Local Time:
    The main argument against resetting I heard from staff was that there's just too many new players joining B-Team. That's been the case for the past year now though, so I think they just need to go with it at the cost of making a few new players upset.

15. jordanbr13

jordanbr13 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Alright, yea... B-Team is pretty bad.. I spend maybe 10-15 minutes rting around...

Wyvern__ and tictacton like this.
  16. tictacton

Local Time:
    LOL the crafting stations ahahah

17. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's only been two years. I think it is always nice to entertain the conversation, but it does tend to scare people when you talk about resting a server.

18. tictacton

Local Time:
    Ah, well 2 years then. We've got discord servers with B-Team players and I can safely say that a lot of people will return to B-Team if there's a reset. Its pretty dead rn, the last few times I've checked on there's been under 5 players online.

Wyvern__ and jordanbr13 like this.
  19. jordanbr13

jordanbr13 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Yes, When I just joined there was one other person. It also seemed very laggy for just 2 players... Compared to ~10 on infinity and tps at 20.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  20. Wyvern__

Wyvern__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ah yes, that place. One must create a crafting cult tbh. There are lots more random sights all over the place.
    Yes, the server might be only 2 years old, compared to the old map being over 3 years, but I cannot see "many new players" joining right now. Most people I see joining for the first time stay a little while, see how everything is griefed, ask for a "nice spot to build in" and in the usual case you won't see those players ever again. Maybe lots of new players join, but few truly stay, everything just looks and feels sucked out. A dead map, nothing to gain from it. I can understand why they aren't reading through paragraphs of online MyM forums to find semi-solutions to that problem, so they just leave and look for a better map/server.
    Make Bteam Great Again