1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented B-Team Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by tictacton, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Nanninininin

Nanninininin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    A lot of times, when a new player joins for the first time, the first things they ask, are what the average player count is, and when the last reset was. On average, player count is low, and the map is mostly destroyed. It would make sense for them to leave straight away. The entire mod pack is only about 6 years old, and a reset after 2-3 years isn't too much of a rush

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:20 PM
    There are a lot of servers that would get a boost in playercount with a reset, even skyblocks.

3. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    yeah but b-team is just sad. I hopped on to see how many people were playing, and i was the only person on the server.

4. Wyvern__

Wyvern__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So what are staff saying now? Is it being considered or just declined? I hope something will be done to revive bteam~ I'd like to prepare time and such for maybe an all nighter in case of a reset

tictacton likes this.
  5. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    This ties in to a point i've been wanting to make for a while now. The statistics clearly show that new people are pulled towards our network. What the statistics don't show however, is if we retain said new players. With a player count so low, i'm inclined to think that alot of players straight up leave.

I do hope this conversation has sparked an internal discussion. B-Team remains popular to this day, the numbers clearly show this. It's a shame if we lose our new players due to our own negligence.

6. jordanbr13

jordanbr13 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    1:20 PM
    I really agree with you, I understand that it could present itself as bring in the most players but when you join it is dead... That should say something ( as in its not retaining those players ). If it is reset I might jump on and take a look around to play, if I like it I will go between Infinity and B-Team as I like the idea of outer space but not a fan of eternal.

tictacton likes this.
  7. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    B-Team is a great and fulfilling pack if you actually give it a chance. It may be a bit of a meme on MyM, but as someone who's played a few other popular packs, I find B-Team to be the most fun. I find that it has so many more "secret" tricks and quirks that other packs lack, and the fact that there is very little information/tutorials about it online causes most stuff to be taught through word-of-mouth. It creates a sense of mystery for the newer players, and even older players are learning new tricks all the time.

jordanbr13 likes this.
  8. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:20 PM
    Hi guys! I see lots of support for this idea and I love it! Please know that the staff team hears you and we are not ignoring this suggestion! Our Admin team is hard at work to get so much new and updated content to you guys as soon as possible. Bear with us...i promise we're working hard ;)

9. Nanninininin

Local Time:
    If this does happen, could we also use this opportunity to have the build contest for the new spawn before we reset the world?

Kazeodori and ElectricLemonade like this.
  10. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If it happens, yes, they are likely to do so.

In all honesty, it would probably be nice to see a yearly or bi-yearly reset of B-Team. I don't play it, but I do understand the allure of the pack, and that it can be quite fun.

11. tictacton

Local Time:
    I think bi yearly is a little hasty. I’m personally a fan of the 2 year idea, especially since the playerbase has dropped a decent amount.

jordanbr13 likes this.
  12. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If the reset does happen, do make sure that a spawn is available. Perhaps even ask Wyvern to help out with the building of it?

LazyPinkNinja and tictacton like this.
  13. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sorry. Bi-yearly can mean either twice a year OR once every two years. I was actually meaning it as every two years.

14. tictacton

Local Time:
    Ahhhhh ahaha gotcha

15. Wyvern__

Local Time:
    Oh yes, I'd certainly partake in a contest ^^ I have a neat idea of some ruined Laboratory, half-way overtaken by the good ol' greens (Maybe even similar to Portal 2 start, but more ancient). Not sure about the Colour scheme though, thinking of green/grey/blue/white mixture, but it would include a clearer "tutorial" area than the current one. Basic energy, most asked questions, Information on important commands and some Mod examples~ It fits well into a mad science/nature modpack, I think!

Gabezetrainboy4 and tictacton like this.
  16. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The difference is between biannual and biennial. Biannual is twice a year. Biennial is one every second year.

17. Wyvern__

Local Time:
    Kinda Cursed Nether portal~
    2020-08-24_15.51.48.

18. Baccaratte

Baccaratte Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I like the idea of a reset, I think i played most of the mods and a reset would be encouraging to play again. But please decide fast. I might start again on the old server but not to get it deleted after a week.

19. Baccaratte

Baccaratte Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    + I just talked with 6 people on the server they all welcome the idea too.

20. LazyPinkNinja

LazyPinkNinja Member

Local Time:
    I will hear it when the reset comes, but is it also an idea to have a city where we can meet new an old people, and a marketplace where you can create youre own market and sell stuff from yourself