1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Server Request: Pixelmon!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Tisasen, Aug 3, 2020.

?

Do we want Pixelmon?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwilki01

nwilki01 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    I should of wrote this a long time ago, but I am down

2. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    So I see a lot of support for this but I want to hear from you guys what you think would make this a success. Obviously we've tried Pixelmon a few times and it hasn't been successful. I know that is mostly because of the fact that it wasn't kept up the way it should have been. So if we were to do this, what do you guys want to see happen with this server? Event ideas? Server ideas? I wanna hear all of it!

3. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Suggestions:
    • Daily/weekly challenges or quests : Example - kill/win against 10 (blank type) pokemon | evolve (blank type) pokemon | collect (this many) of (certain item) | I think this will give both new and old players a bit of a "happier/easier" start or continued want to play when they receive compensation for doing such quests.
    • Perhaps instead of just having only water/plant/fire starters bring in other types that'd be new starters.
    • Have a fair timer for the spawning of bosses and shiny.. nothing worse than having extremely rare spawn rates or too fast ones
    • Better compensation for voting on the server. Obviously claimblocks and money are important aspect but I feel like a chance of getting some staple common items or a small chance of getting a bit better items is also a huge QoL upgrade.
    • Proper warps such as: Warp to spawn, poke-center(heals), shopkeepers (specifically for pixelmon items however I've seen many also set up shopkeepers that sell normal vanilla items though this could be negated by having a resource/farm world), HM/TM/move tutor area, Gyms, Elite 4, biome specific warps!, shrines, and probably more I can't think of right now.
    • Ability to sell pokemon amongst other items ofc.
    • The best addition I've seen were hourly(or however long you wish) hunts. A random selection of pokemon pop up in a list and when you find it you're able to receive compensation for it in either candies, money, pokeballs, vote tokens, etc.
    • Pokedex rewards! Every 10% of the pokedex completed you can again receive rewards which get better the more you complete.
    This is just the bigger stuff I've seen when playing over the years and most of this stuff seems pretty standard. Of course these are all suggestions for what could make it better this time around!

4. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    Disagree with the selling pokemon and warps

5. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Warps are so so as a toss in the air but may i ask why you disagree with pokemon selling?

6. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    ppl 100% gon be selling high lvl pokemon

7. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Generally selling high levels isn't much an issue as long as economy is regulated as well as the market.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  8. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    If you want a pixelmon server to be succesfull, its gonna require daily attention from staff. Checking gyms, undoing damage to areas, making sure people dont cockup the world for no reason... but like previous servers... it gets neglected by staff pretty fast and it goes to shit within a week. Not sure its worth the effort and server resources.

SirWill likes this.
  9. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    If this does pass im sure we can find ways to prevent the need for most above.

For example gyms don't have to be run by players. NPC's exist. For damage to areas. We do that daily anyways on current servers. Making sure world doesn't get destroyed for no reason? Again one of our duties already so nothing new.

If you have other concerns please do raise them or even offer suggestions on how you think we can prevent them from happening. We are asking for what the players think would make them want to play it

LadyRen13 and LunaBlossoms like this.
  10. deepcage

Local Time:
    Theres a difference tho between having duties and acting on those duties, the latter, there seems to be a lack off tbf.

11. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Like i said before if you have suggestions by all means state them. However this is not the place to impugn the staff. If you have a problem with them we have areas to bring up concerns.

12. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Staff is aware of the work involved to make this server successfull. Otherwise this conversation would not be had.
    Please keep this thread for suggestions about the Pixelmon.

13. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think I was involved in all three pixelmon servers in some way while I was staff (I know its at least two, but probably three) and we had tried most of the suggestions in this thread at one point or another, and no matter what combination of staff-run gyms and events / player run gyms and events, tweaks, addon mods etc the server always started out strong with plenty of users, but within about 2 weeks the numbers drop to at most 1-2 regular players.
    Heck I even remember making pretty much the same point when setting up the last one was being discussed. Last time I said that I didn't see a reason why a new server wouldn't just follow the same pattern as the others. And I'm pretty sure a new server now would just go the exact same way. It would be a lot of work for staff to put in for a server that's only going to have people playing on it for 1-2 weeks.

InsaniumIV likes this.
  14. IsHayden

IsHayden Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    Pixelmon isn't like any of the other packs on MyM, adding it would especially help bring in people from less modded-heavy backgrounds. I was here for the last pixelmon pack and it was loads of fun. My only suggestion for sustainability is to try to be unique with the gameplay, events, and other goals to reach, etc. adding more to the pack and extending that "endgame" that every pack eventually leads to. If everyone's in the endgame there's not much to do, and we switch packs.

I will say, the biggest thing this pack needs is a community, and it's the only thing that will keep it afloat, and I'm sure all the previous pixelmon players would be thrilled to rebuild it.

LunaBlossoms and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  15. deepcage

Local Time:
    And dont forget the financial aspect, its gotta pay for itself, SirWill doesnt do this out of the kindness of his heart alone im guessing. Maybe mym should give us a price they need us to come up with in order to pay for the next month of server costs, maybe that can help towards getting this off the ground. im sure people would donate.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  16. Lauralou444

Lauralou444 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    I love the thought of a Pixelmon server, but I am one of those people who likes to stick to one pack at a time. Currently playing Regrowth (and no that is not asking to you kill it off), but will be more than happy to play on the Pixelmon server almost daily. I have very fond memories of this pack, the only one being closer to my heart is Agrarian Skies Plus, but don't see that making a return any time soon.
    There are many packs on here I don't enjoy or want to play - but I'm not going to bag them every chance I get. It is obvious there are many that don't like the thought of this server running again. If it gets up - I'll play, if its not popular enough to last, or it too resource heavy - that's OK too - thank you for considering bringing it back.
    Laura

PS.

LadyRen13, IsHayden and LunaBlossoms like this.
  17. Lauralou444

Lauralou444 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    soz - there is no PS - i forgot to delete that.

18. IsHayden

IsHayden Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    The thing like a pack like pixelmon is I would feel like I could play it along with a pack like interactions considering how different they are (and to just escape interactions for a bit)

The thing is that goes for any pack, we just have to be sure there's enough people who would play a pack like pixelmon.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  19. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sirwill does a lot of things out of the kindness of his heart, but he also likes servers that last more than a month before they become a ghost town.

20. nwilki01

nwilki01 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Don't limit the number of ranch blocks and I will 100% play a lot. Well if it actually starts

sp33draft likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.