1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New FTB Interactions Server Launch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aidoneus, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:44 AM
    DTvXjJ9 - Imgur.
    Server address
    interactions.mym.li
    Feed the Beast Launcher - MYM Launcher

Pack Version: 2.0.9

Launch Times
    Patron tier 3: Friday, 28th August at 9am CEST
    Time converter
    Patron tier 2: Saturday, 29th August at 9am CEST
    Timer converter
    Others: Sunday, 30th August at 9am CEST
    Time converter

Pack Description Do you want to traverse the dark star Aurelia, scavenging it's dungeons for rare technology while fighting off Eldritch Praetors? How about draining the blue vitriol oceans of Euclydes to feed the copper consumption of your increasingly large factories? Have you ever made a floating reincarnation prison for the Ender Dragon, harvesting its heart to empower your weapons and armor? Or watered your flowers with infused starlight and diesel? Do you actually want to know what happens when you submerge a Mighty Ender Chicken in magical anti-matter? The journey to answer these questions isn't going to be a short one.

FTB Interactions is the largest and most ambitious progression pack FTB has developed to date. The pack was designed to encourage cross-mod interactions to solve logistical challenges, defeat buffed mobs, outright cheese traditional obstacles, and even automate the killing of bosses. It's a progression and quest driven pack that is targeted towards people looking for a long term challenge for themselves or in a server setting with teams in mind.

Many large well-known mods feature in the pack, foremost among them is Gregtech: Community Edition which forms as the backbone of the pack's progression, while mods like Thermal Expansion, Astral Sorcery, EnderIO, and Blood Magic play supporting roles. Over 20,000 lines of unique scripting was used to eliminate redundant materials or blocks (who needs 10 furnaces from 10 mods?) to make sure there was a polished, sensible experience when exploring how mods interact with each other. On top of that, traditional progression of mods have been flipped over their head to encourage new playstyles or to better balance their functionality in a large pack.

Warnings/Notes As this pack is a 1.12 server, this pack is still highly experimental

New Starter Islands We have more starter islands now! There are signs at spawn that now will create these new islands for you! You have 3 regular islands and 3 huge patron island which requires Patron Tier 2.
    Default Starter 1
    [​IMG]
    Default Starter 2
    [​IMG]
    Patron Island 3
    [​IMG]
    Patron Island 1
    [​IMG]

Additional Server Notes You are free to keep building in the default voidworld dimension or once you get to the pack's overworld, you could build there.

We have disabled Random Teleport command to go to other worlds so you do not bypass progression.

The MyM portal will not work unless you get the gamestage to use it. You can use the pack progression to teleport to the dimensions you need.

2. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    10:44 AM
    Poggers

3. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    6:44 AM
    what about the starter islands for the Legacy Tier ranks?

Kazeodori likes this.
  4. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Quite excited to be honest. I miss interactions! Hope to see you guys there though!

5. Wyvern__

Wyvern__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    Sounds interesting, yes. I think I'll see what it has to offer~ Never was much of a tech-person, but there's a lot to explore and build it seems ^^

6. Pandragoon

Pandragoon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:44 AM
    Didn't we already have this pack?

7. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    We did. But the pack recently had a major overhaul that fixed a ton of the problems that players had with the original, so we decided to give it another go.

8. Pandragoon

Pandragoon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Looking at the changes for 2.0. Logistics pipes added. I'm sold. Just hope it's not as buggy as it was in Omnifactory.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  9. GGothicRide

GGothicRide The Destroyer

Local Time:
    yet another progression pack, Mine your mind continues to disappoint me, just make sure this one doesn't have a broken quest book from you guys disabling stuff, i havent played a good pack on Mine your Mind since the old days of Infinity, there wasn't a real progression goal, just sand box modded, each mod had its own progression and thats something i'd like to see return to this network, non-progression based old school sand box modded packs

LadyRen13 likes this.
  10. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    3:44 AM
    That's really on the pack devs. Everyone's all about progression and innovative packs nowadays. And most of our players request quest-based packs not sandbox anyways. If you could find a sandbox pack the community will get behind we'd be glad to host it.

p.s. Revelations is a decent 1.12 sandbox with no real progression. Enigmatica is sorta, but it has expert-style recipes.

Matryoshika, LadyRen13 and Willshaper like this.
  11. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well. MC Eternal is technically a quest pack... However you can honestly ignore it. Nothing is locked, you can start out wherever you want.

I am looking forward to Interactions!

12. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Im looking forward to it too!

13. IsHayden

IsHayden Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Is it just me, or was this on my before? I feel like I wanted to start Interactions but the server got shut down the day after.

14. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes, it was. But it was dropped due to inactivity. The pack has had an update and increased popularity due to some let's plays on it.

15. IsHayden

Local Time:
    aha! so I'm not insane..

16. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Yes you are :p

LunaBlossoms and IsHayden like this.
  17. IsHayden

Local Time:
    My cover's blown!

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  18. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Insanity is a legal term, not a psychological term. :bookworm: The more you know..

IsHayden likes this.
  19. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would love to try out this pack again. Stopped playing cause of some issues with Botania's particles never despawning -> FPS would slowly crawl to 0. Afaik only few people had that bug :banghead:

Sanity is overrated

LadyRen13 and IsHayden like this.
  20. IsHayden

Local Time:
    Good to know I'm legally insane

LadyRen13 and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.