1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow restricted PVP

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mauri567, Sep 3, 2020.

?

Does this sound like a good idea?

1. Yes! Bring it on!

61.9%
  2. Needs improvement.

23.8%
  3. No! Im here for PVE

14.3%
  1. mauri567

mauri567 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    4:54 AM
    I would like to see a certain amount of pvp being able to play out, as there would be a possibility to host events that is about challening each other etc, as for raiding its still a NO NO , but that you can be doing like /toggle pvp , and pvp would be activated for like 5 min, and only other people that do the same thing can hurt or get hurt.

My reason for doing so is that i could for example hold arena battles against mobs and players etc, and maybe it can keep the endgame people a little more active at some servers as when u reach the end thats the end of the line, i would like to be able to include endgame players in the game longer, such as hosting events etc for new players that wish to do some serverside events.

ElectricLemonade and HeroYui like this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I member Times when pvp was allowed on hub, no dmg was dealt but knockback was huge So we punch each other while w8ing for server to come back online after restart...

GOOD Old Times now with change like "not kicking to hub" its no longer...

LadyRen13 and Kazeodori like this.
  3. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:54 PM
    This is an interesting suggestion! I'd like to see more feedback on this. How would you guys like to see this implemented? On the servers? On the hub? Pvp events? Let me hear them all. This is something I've been considering for a bit.

4. Dead_0nArrival

Dead_0nArrival Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:54 PM
    I think its a great idea. I personally don't PVP, but I can see this being a good thing. For example, maybe players can create a community arena, or some friends might be a little bored and want to have a friendly fight on the server. Of course, there should be a toggle and maybe a limit so enabled PVP is not forgotten about. I think PVP events would have more participation. I have seen a lot of cool PVP based mini games on YouTube and some of those seem really fun. I am all for it.

5. mauri567

mauri567 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    i would like to see it on servers myself, as it would be a beneficial factor for event oriented people, like there are a few who likes to do things or host events, but it has been very limited as prices could not be endgame items and there was no real way to compete, but with the endgame list changed and add a slight amount of pvp as combat could make a huge change for people who want ''fast starts'' as they wouldent need to beg, but to participate in events etc, a new way of trading, and having fun at the same time.

6. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:54 PM
    I don't think i quite understand? "/pvp" already exists. It allows you to toggle pvp on and off, and you can only pvp with others who have it turned on. How would your suggestion differ from what i just described?

I think im out of the loop on something here, is this option perhaps not available on every server?

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Maybe he means some pvp minigames - i'd really want to see some MyM minigames tournaments - where we all gather on hub(?) and we go spleef/paintball/etc. like weekly rotation of event and winners/participants gets myms (also re-enabling market will make more sense so we can earn cash other way than selling stuff and voting)

Shizucc likes this.
  8. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    While im generally against pvp of any kind (in any game) i do like the idea of being able to just toggle /pvp for either 5 minutes or as long as you want, but it has to be a choice and when toggled on, one should realize to be fair game at any point by anyone with pvp enabled as well.

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:54 PM
    I can see PVP events going well.

I am not sure I can approve of allowing people to use a /pvp command right now on 1.12 servers at least. Graves are somewhat buggy right now as it is without adding more ways of deaths to the mix through pvp isn't ideal. I don't want people losing their stuff as is.

10. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We still have that on B-Team xD

11. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We have something similar to this on B-Team, you can type /pvp to toggle it on and off.

The one thing I'd like to maybe add to this idea, is being able to enable/disable pvp in claims to those who have /pvp active. I've had tons of ideas for making PVP arenas, but couldn't build them without keeping them unclaimed.