1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Workaround for Mob Duplicators?

Discussion in 'Project Ozone 3' started by IsHayden, Aug 26, 2020.

1. IsHayden

IsHayden Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    I'm nearing the end of the pack and have hit the point where the only thing for me to do is make singularities which rely on a considerable use of mob duplicators to acquire certain blocks without EMC. The issue is that I can't seem to have them running without creating a considerable amount of lag to the server.

Is it likely we can see a workaround to this? Because otherwise I don't really much reason to continue the pack and was hoping to see to finishing it.

EDIT:
    This is just from 6-8 animated blocks. Singularities need 9001 each.
    upload_2020-8-26_13-12-35.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    6:14 PM
    I hear B-Team is being reset, why dont you give that a try? :D

3. deepcage

Local Time:
    I do have to agree with IsHayden on this. To make all the required singularities, the only real way to finish the pack is to do a world-download and do the last part in single player, but thats not why we decided to play on MyM. Tiquality and the fact that we are being forced by the pack to create server-breaking setups to get to the endgame part, doesnt help improve server stability.

Now i can understand you saying, then only use 1-2 of those things that make singularities, but you have no idea how long it would take to finish the pack by using a low amount of singularity-thingies. It then just becomes a waiting game, endless hours of afk-ing (for those with no afk kick perks) and just watching netflix in the mean time, where's the fun in that?

I know mym claims to never change packs, but with all the banned items, thats a rubbish argument. You remove lots of blocks, maybe just add emc values to the blocks that we need for singularities and improve server stability overall. And it will let people like IsHayden complete the pack without being on 1-2 tps all the time by tiquality.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    I'd like to see if there was a way to actually get those to work without pointing a gun to the server's head every time.

5. deepcage

Local Time:
    We are beyond pointing a gun, we have already shot the server multiple times. When either IsHayden, ItsTyrone, Neurocid or I come online, while 2 or more of the others are already on, we all suddenly get a Tiquality notification that our bases are running below 50% tickspeed. Not because we are breaking the server on our own, but together, its just too much.

6. IsHayden

Local Time:
    If the server is still freaking out, it ain't me. I've moved to Interactions because of how unreasonable it was to finish the pack without mob duplicators.

7. deepcage

Local Time:
    See this is what it has come to. Players leaving/abandoning the pack, just like Minsi3 and McJoe89 did. They didnt finish the pack, because server instability limited them so severely, it was no longer fun. Its time staff took action more than just installing a "fair tick distribution addon" which is totally not fair at all, because when someone else logs on, my base which was running great, then suddenly takes a major hit, because of someone elses base.

The only thing that has changed, was you moving to interactions. Which means your island shouldnt be breaking our islands anymore, but that shouldnt even be necesary.

8. IsHayden

Local Time:
    to be fair, I don't think is necessarily chipping off tps unfairly; just because a base is dropped to 2tps doesn't mean everyone else still gets 20tps. It certainly helps everyone else as the alternative is the enter server at 2tps.

9. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    We made adjustments to the Roost speeds on SB2 for similar reasons. Been awhile since I beat pack. What would be the best adjustment to make here? Raise EMC for certain items or lower the amount of items needed for a singularity?

10. IsHayden

Local Time:
    probably reduce the number needed for non-emc singularities, making sure you still need to make mob duplicators

11. deepcage

Local Time:
    Raising EMC isnt the issue. Some items dont have EMC. So you will need to animate or autocraft the full 9001 per singularity. I agree with IsHayden that reducing the number required per singularity should be lower. Much lower, i would recommend chopping off 1 decimal, so its still a lot of blocks, but at least it wont have to be done for as long as before. so 901 i guess would be my suggestion.

I would suggest this change for all singularities, not just the ones that dont have emc. Needing 9k blocks per singularity is just not feasible for a multiplayer environment, not for 4-8 players who have reached the endgame grind which is seriously taxing on the server.

12. IsHayden

Local Time:
    I disagree with the 9001 emc singularities. I made 2048 of pretty much in a day + overnight.
    But at the same time, making them can still be taxing, I just made sure to only make sets of 9 at a time rather than have ~70 energy condensors running at the same time.

13. deepcage

Local Time:
    Animating 9001 blocks times 2048 is severely taxing on the server tho... no wonder it lagged to 1-2 tps all the time if thats what you were doing.

14. IsHayden

Local Time:
    I never got more than ~2 of the non-emc singularities; talking about the emc-able ones. Never had my tps drop when I was making those guys.

15. deepcage

Local Time:
    Well then, @HanoverFist69 in accordance with master-server-breaker IsHayden, lets reduce block requirements on singularities that don't have EMC :)

16. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Changed cost for singularities so closing this thread.

IsHayden likes this.