1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Testing of Tiquality Mod

Discussion in 'Project Ozone 3' started by SirWill, Aug 3, 2020.

1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    3:33 AM
    Actually SirWill is around Discord pretty much every night. The thing is, I see him pop up around 3am MST, so most people will never see him active. Keep in mind he's on German time. :)

Usually he replies to messages that still need a reply in support, posts changelogs, responds to beeps, etc. He's there, and accessible, he's just usually also working on 20 other things so doesn't have much time for chit chat.

And let's be honest, a lot of it is the title/red name making them nervous. You'd be surprised how many people say they were nervous to contact me about an issue - even some Mods and Jr Mods. Wish people would understand it's backwards. The higher the rank the more likely they are to help. They just might have less free time. :)

2. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    12:33 PM
    What timezone is that? Microsoft Standard Time? And when is he even actually in a voice channel? Like maybe never? I heard from other staff members they never even heard his voice, or if they did, it was a super-short sentence like "hi".

As for approachability... everyone knows you're a teddybear. Sirwill seems more like a Rainbow colored Unicorn... that might skewer you if you look at it wrong :D If you ever get to look at it at all...

I meant it in a way as in actually being able to talk to the guy, with a microphone... Because everything i tend to write, he considers rude, offensive, you name it, because he chooses to read it in a negative way. If he were to get on the voice channels, i could actually try to have a conversation with the man. Like real people do, you know... Speak to eachother, not write messages on forums that are only interpreted wrongly.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    We will have to do some testing then. Please describe step by step on how to reproduce the issue reliably.

4. deepcage

Local Time:
    Not to play sarcastaball, but its very simple

1) go to random chunk
    2) place down random machine(s)
    3) power them and make them do something
    4) discover they only run super slow in presence of player
    5) place down iron block and activate chunkloading
    6) conclude that after step 5, the machine works.

I have reproduced the issue multiple times this way.

5. deepcage

Local Time:
    @SirWill Can we please disable passive animals like birds, fireflies, bighorn rams and ravens (basically all passive Twilight Forest mobs) from affecting our Tiquality tps? They just randomly spawn and are not actually being caused by players. Shouldnt be suffering tps loss over them as well then... right?