1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's build a town

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by LordFungi, Nov 4, 2020.

1. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:03 AM
    As the title suggests, I am bored and would like to round up a bunch of players to build a town. I don't know what server, I don't know when, maybe when a new server is announced and goes live. I have a load of tickets to spend on land so we can build WIDE. I would love it if everyone followed these simple things when participating:
    1. To join, msg me in game and i'll invite you.
    2. Shared resources. If it's public, it's not your property. Keep valuables stored away safely in an ender chest or backpacks.
    3. Build upon each other's work, make things fancier. Just don't be a butthead and "grief".
    4. No secret bases outside of the build. This may seem like a weird rule but I'd like everyone who participates to to keep their building projects in the town itself, dividing attention away from the town by building a separate base is no bueno.
    5. No need for central anything. No need for a specific building for a blacksmith, or a clocktower with all the machines. Build duplicate machines, make different smelteries, tailor to your own needs and don't wait for others to build something, be proactive and make your own things. I mean, yah share, but supply and demand, if theres more demand for something increase the supply. Not enough furnaces or someone is hogging them all to smelt 10 stacks of wood? Make more furnaces. Yada yada. This isn't a rule, more of a guideline.

This has been attempted before where people are given their own plots, but i'd really like to see what happens when everyone mashes together. I'll be picking the build spot, there won't be a general theme to things, go wild and chaotic with your imagination. And as always follow the rules of the server too, goes without saying.

Again, don't know when this'll happen. Probably on the next modpack to launch. These codes are subject to change between now and then, whenever "then" is.

Mrlonelj, foxkaiju and LunaBlossoms like this.
  2. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I love building towns in every pack I play in! I suck at building, but I'll happily help mine, set up machines, and do miscellaneous tasks

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:03 PM
    If ya need Doge to dig a hole count me in IF it's not a 1.12 pack.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:03 AM
    Ahh this will go well with GT Horizons..

5. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This brings me back to my days on the DW20 1.7 server I was part of a town of about 30 players but after the owner of the town disappeared without warning everyone eventually left

6. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would be down for this if we can do it on GT new horizons server when that launches

7. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    11:03 AM
    eh well, Maybe not

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Ok, if y'all are gonna hop on that new and upcoming GT:NH pack, and we have a large enough group doing it... Hell, you could convince me to actually play it lol. I can be a grindy boi, but there's limits to my patience lol.

9. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    this is sounding like a plan, all we need to do is wait for the modpack to launch

10. gamewiz93

gamewiz93 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ill be down to build too if its GT:NH

11. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I feel So poor bc all those patron... Also i Will join 2 days later So best spots Will be claimed

12. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    lord dont forget to tell me when ur going there,will happily not be a AFK machine

13. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    if lord is going to join it, then im down

14. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:03 AM
    muahaha!

Can you imagine a bunch of players, who don't know GT all that well, trying to make go of this? I got the popcorn! @LordFungi I do hope it works though.

Honestly I remember fondly building a town on one claim, with multiple people in charge of different aspects. Although on GT:NH I can imagine at least in the beginning most would be on resource gathering. (Beginning being till you get have automated the entire steam age at least.)

Looking forward though to see what comes of this.

Sandstroem and Broklyn_Datroll like this.
  15. LordEreh

Local Time:
    @BookerTheGeek I think the most important part is having fun and making small community that works towards common good.

what i said is kinda communism propaganda.[​IMG]

foxkaiju and BookerTheGeek like this.
  16. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    If you wanna do this on Po3K, let me know something, i have a full sized island of 256 by 256 on there, so there is also ample room to make a town there, if you can live with my own base smack dab in the middle of that. (you may wall me in if you like) 90% of my base is subterranean anyways. (ye i know its weird playing skyblock and then making an underground base).

17. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I mean, I'm not a complete GT newbie, I did do... oh, what was it called... it was a modpack with GT as one of its' progression bases, I got fairly far along with that whole thing before I couldn't play the pack anymore. That aside, not calling myself an expert by any means lmao.

18. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    Omnifactory?

19. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Still not sure which modpack but the Horizons one is the one people are aiming at. That'll probably be the one, just need to know the date.

20. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I actually just started playing the pack on Singleplayer... And I saw the recipes... Flashbacks from wretched Omnifactory recipes