1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's build a town

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by LordFungi, Nov 4, 2020.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    8:54 AM
    when you people all feel like giving up on GT Horizons because the pack is so grindy and hard, keep in mind the spot on my Po3 Kappa island is and will remain available. If anyone doesnt wanna grind the P03K progression system, but just wants to build, thats also fine. My old ME system is still in place and has milions of blocks to choose from. And i ve the creative chest, so you can copy every block or item infinitely!

2. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    7:54 AM
    eh the thing is on po3 its linited to the island size 256x256 but on gtnh theres more space to work with, you get me?

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yea, we prolly can make handmade terrain but... its tedious

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    11:54 PM
    Oh yeah @LordFungi Would it be ok if I got to assist in finding a place? Because honestly, a mountain is both extremely advantageous (easy to defend from mobs, obviously) and would be really cool to build on :p But other places would work, too.

5. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I'd prefer the big island or penisula - we can make harbor, shipyard etc and water will protecc us from mobs

mrminesheeps likes this.
  6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    This is true, because as someone who's just made it to the Steam age, you need a source of water... Also, MYM Chunkloaders are about to be your best friend in this pack. Just saying.

7. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    island sounds good, but a reasonable size, not massive

8. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I had one once on regrowth 27x21? chunks or something like that. Decent size for bunch of playersalso room for terraforming for "public decoration area"

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Same here but on Infinity; I converted a massive peninsula into an island by scraping away a few chunks of land and redoing it (Granted, I wasn't the best terraformer at the time) so an island or peninsula would be the most preferable (And would offer the chance to build underwater, if you felt so inclined).

LordEreh likes this.
  10. Jamie_Day

Jamie_Day Title of titles

Local Time:
    Dibs on building a very tasteful graveyard, filled primarily with the deaths I'm sure to accumulate

11. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    The hardcore darkness is going to be especially brutal on MP tho, since we can't just... sleep it off. lol. Unless everyone at the same time agrees to hunker down.

12. Jamie_Day

Jamie_Day Title of titles

Local Time:
    Has anyone heard the wonderful words of literally any god of light. I suggest a cult, immediately.

13. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sounds fun, I'm in

mrminesheeps likes this.
  14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Btw, if you want my suggestion? There's certain ores to focus search for: Copper-type, Iron-type, Lapis-type, Tin-type, and redstone-type. Diamonds are good too. You need the others ASAP, however. Also, aluminum gravel. Definitely want to get your hands on that. And DO NOT process it unless you need it, the stuff is annoying to get otherwise and is needed later on.

15. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    mine have u ever witnessed night on interactions

16. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I played vintage story so... dark night are nothing new to me, IF we instal optifine and enable that light from torch we hold...
    But 1st we need find a torch(patrons will raid all villages at 1st days im sure), I hope starter eq we get will have leather armor, food and at least 4 torches..

17. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I mean, I've been doing some minor play-testing in SP, figuring out the early game. I know what the nights are like. Oh, and heads up; You wanna install Optifine? Make damn sure you update FastCraft, too. If you don't, your game will crash on launch. Just a fair warning.

18. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    oh they fixed the issue, POGGERS

19. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
  20. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Oh yeah, GregTech never figured out the ability to just disconnect certain connections on pipes and wires in 1.7, so... yeah, you gotta manually connect wires oftentimes. So that's cool! lmao.