1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's build a town

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by LordFungi, Nov 4, 2020.

1. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    Include me in. I lurve a town build.
    :)

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    Well, we have ourselves quite a large group, but no way to properly coordinate lol. Y'all wanna put together a Discord GC when the server goes up?

Jaytuple likes this.
  3. ItzxOdd

ItzxOdd Not Very Well Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
  4. gamewiz93

gamewiz93 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That sound like a good idea Mrminesheeps

5. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    i'm up for voice chat yeah

mrminesheeps likes this.
  6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    how many players can be involved in conversation on MyM? I mean like share general rules of our town and we should make some - like how to claim place, where place the community stuff/buildings(idk we are gonna make towny machines or what?) etc.

7. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Save me some popcorn

mrminesheeps likes this.
  8. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I think we need to come up with some rules such as basic beavior like no swearing etc. rules of claiming the land and WHO gonna claim the town area(or every1 will claim individually?) and some rules of size of claim for every1 in town(like 3x3 will be enough) and some rules about community/town areas like farms and/or machines and town resources(like make a wall for signs and we write what we took and add for shared resources

9. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As far as claiming goes, I think the best thing would be for those who can, donate claimblocks to a designated staff volunteer and have them claim it. Having a staff member be in charge of claims can prevent any issues that may arise.

10. LordEreh

Local Time:
    you mean real, living and breathing MyM staff member? Hmmmm...

I thought too about donating MyM's/claimblocks to "mayor" and he claim the land and sets up plots for us to build but i think every1 wanna have their "mancave" only for them but there rise a problem of terrain between "plots" also that "you cant claim bc its to close to other claim... So mayor prolly will be best option...
    Kinda hard to decide, we should gather all wannabe townfolks and debate or make a poll what we gonna settle the claiming.

11. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    We can probably call a meeting in discord VC to discuss the rules in depth and hold polls once the server gets close to opening.

12. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    yh sounds cool

add me when you begin
    Discord: @Pea#9078

13. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    It'll probably be done in one of the unused voice channels on the MYM discord. Might make a discord specifically for it though

14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I think it'd be easier to coordinate if we did a purpose-made Discord server so that people can coordinate without spamming in MyM General. Also, due to the nature of this pack in terms of early game, everyone has to craft their own machines to progress, unless the questbook can party up. So I say that everyone can build their own place nearby, but there should be a central location with primary resource storage & other expensive items, but people can keep their own materials. This would, in theory, make things far easier to work on as a whole.

15. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Right i'll get to work on a discord then. Give me a day cause i have to go to work right now.

16. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I mean, I could probably put it together right quick, no worries :) I'll update here w/ a link soon.

Edit: Alright, here's the link, it's only for those willing to participate in the group on New Horizons, naturally. It can be fleshed out from there, and we can have things worked out in detail on there.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  17. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    I got you

18. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i love the idea of a town community. i used to play on a private network, where everyone worked together to build themed towns, or giant buildings before i joined mym, and i kind amiss that sometimes.

wasn't there some kitchen sink pack without teleportation, where ppl had to cooperate on a railroad network?

19. Jamie_Day

Jamie_Day Title of titles

Local Time:
    Yeah, I believe you're talking about Just Another Whistlestop, which is super kitchen sinky, but it was also really cool and train/travel focused. That or something based on Terrafirmacraft would be absolutely perfect for a town based modpack, its just more fun in those packs to have a community, though I understand the probably lack of interest for them, and minorly understand the difficulty in running a stable server for packs like that.

20. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Idk if the GTNH town is just one option or the official town, but I definitely think we should make a town on a less grindy pack as well. Can't speak for others, but I know I personally won't be playing new horizons much

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020