1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions Needed Event Ideas!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ElectricLemonade, Nov 14, 2020.

1. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:57 AM
    @Raptorpea can I as you kindly to NOT post just 1 sentence? Its not very constructive nor add anything to the conversation.
    Feels like you just farm points bc its too far from spamming but getting closer and closer to that.

I can be grumpy with a little salt and/or toxic acid but even my criticism adds more than your "sentences".

2. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:57 AM
    I agree that we should avoid a building contest based event. And I'm certainly not just saying that because I suck at building and will build a wood square out of deviance if it happens.
    I like the idea of using machines, maybe find a way to connect as many machines as possible? Though this runs into the same problem as building, not everyone would be comfortable participating.
    One of my favorite things I've done for an event as a player is make a giiiiant maze, then a staff member (not on here) used world edit to set it invisible. I used my own resources to get prizes at the end for people patient enough to see it through.
    I also personally love any group activities. Minecart through a song, Rollercoaster, archery setup, etc. It's the simple things that can bring everyone together.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  3. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I think we should get few minigames tournaments with token/MyM's rewards with weekly rotation. Maybe it wont be popular that much but i'd really like a thought about elimination staff members in spleef or paintball :vamp:

4. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Simplicity and ease of use are paramount in good participation of an event. Any event can be considered “great” or at least “successful” if many had a role in it. With that being said, how about a inter-server event? This way, players won’t have to go through the hassle of experiencing the new. They can just follow the patterns that they’ve always done while partaking in a network-wide event. As for the event itself, I really have no idea. It would have to be detached from any sort of regulation as I imagine it would be quite the feat to manage something across dozens of nodes. But that’s the beauty of running a modded network. Let your imagination go wild!

5. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Define "inter-server envent" please? It mean event inside just 1 server?
    Im already see complains: "why this server not X?", "that server have less players", "when event in X?"

Or it means the event about something using avaiable mods within the pack? Like making the X item or perform Y action?
    If yes how you would fair judge the thing in different versions of MC? 1.7 and 1.12 is huge gap between mods versions and its features and many mods dont have 1.7 equivalent or vice-versa.

6. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I almost mixed it up myself. Intra- means within, Inter- means between. I know, the idea is outlandish. I really have no idea how it might work myself. I just thought that if players didn't have to download any new modpack, but could continue playing on what they're used to, it would be easier to get higher participation. I've yet to see a bad idea here, the problem is just getting the players to participate.

I understand your concern there. For that, I presume that the contest itself would have to be detached from any sort of automation process that would vary significantly across different modpacks.

7. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I always thought about using mods in Adventure maps - like shoot mana from terra blade to run redstone contraption to go forward or throw sum item into system to craft a "key" to advance.

How about not the whole adventure map but "Adventure-style usage of mods" contest, where we rate creativity, complex etc. matters.
    But making a small adventure that utilize your ideas will gives more poitns ;p