1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New The Holiday Parade of Servers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HanoverFist69, Dec 18, 2020.

1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    Happy Holidays everybody! As you know, the Admin team is always trying to figure out what the next server is going to be. We decided to do something special for the holiday season - give you 4 new servers (temporarily).

Over the course of the next month we will be putting up servers for 1 week at a time. After gathering stats and player opinion we should know which of the four servers will work best as our next new server(s). We hope this method will work out well for us. It would give us a way to test a handful of packs and see what the community responds to.

So get out there, test these servers, and let us know which you prefer.

Servers

Pack: Vanilla 1.16.4
    Dates: Sunday, Dec 20th 9am CET to Dec 27th
    vanilla116.mym.li
    Pack Info The latest playable version of our favorite game - 1.1.6.4. Many changes and updates. We have a lot of options for vanilla we can implement if this is what the players want.

Notable Plugins: Better Sleeping, Minepacks, Player Kits, Random Teleport, Silk Spawners

Pack: AntiMatter Chemistry
    Dates: Sunday, Dec 27th 9am CET to Jan 3rd
    antimatter.mym.li
    Pack Info Antimatter Chemistry is a questing/progression pack inspired by Anti-Material Energy (1.7.10) by Parcel31u. You find yourself stranded in the Antimatter dimension with nothing but some basic gear, a chemistry set, and the hopes of returning back to your home.

Pack: Vanilla Skyblock 1.16.4
    Dates: Sunday, Jan 3rd 9am CET to Jan 10th
    vanillasky116.mym.li
    Pack Info Vanilla 1.16.4 running the BentoBox skyblock plugin and various addons like challenges, likes, etc.

Pack: RLCraft
    Dates: Sunday, Jan 10th 9am CET to Jan 17th
    rlcraft.mym.li
    Pack Info RLCraft, the RL standing for Real Life or Realism and is a take on another mod I made for Unreal called RLCoop that generally has a similar goal, is my interpretation of what I've always wanted in Minecraft when it comes to pure survival, adventuring and RPG, and immersion. I hand selected many mods and individually tweaked each and every one to fit the exact play-style I was looking for, making sure they all worked fluidly with each other, adding my own custom scripts for various changes to vanilla behavior, etc.

Notes

Notes We've provided some support to help you make quick progress in the week each server is online.
    -Starter kits will be provided.
    -Other kits may be made available if we see a need.
    -Players will have access to 10 homepoints.
    -Warps at key locations/dimensions.

Warning

Warning These servers are not setup for the long term. There is no farmworld, market, etc. Don't concern yourself with overworld destruction. It will all be reset if the server goes live.

The Vanilla 1.16.4 servers are HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL!! This is our first time testing these plugins and you should expect numerous issues as we build a workable set of plugins and config settings for 1.16.

2. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    10:23 AM
    What did he SAYYYYYY

3. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    gabe and cheesy, i call you, we need to dominate the vanilla server

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    I already discovered new horizons of gameplay, i dont need newer. Yet...

Also wheres the promised December's new title update?

5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I don't get it. The servers will be reset if they go live? When they go live, they are new, why are they getting reset? And how is that related to destruction? Either I am still asleep or this whole warning does not make any sense.

6. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    no sand i think he meant, theyll come for a week then leave

7. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    Please guys get us the vanilla server, i want to dominate it

Gabezetrainboy4 and BlazeFTB like this.
  8. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I have not had any hand in this, but from my understanding of the post:

Each server will stay up for 1 week to gauge interest and gather metrics, then get shut down to make space for the next on the list.

And from the info about free kits and not caring about Overworld destruction, it seems that the servers will get reset when and if then launch permanently.

Gabezetrainboy4 and LunaBlossoms like this.
  9. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So much hype for antimatter. I was going to suggest that once I was done with atm!

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Ahhhhhhhh ok, I thought we get 4 permanent servers. We get 4 one week trial runs to gain stats, I get it. And if they become permanent they will get reset, so destruction is pointless. Yeah makes sense now. Thanks @Willshaper

11. kl00

kl00 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    5:23 PM
    I'm looking forward to Antimatter chemistry. I've tried the modpack itself and it's very interesting. Although I didn't dig deep too much. But i wouldn't mind another go as a SMP.

12. ItzxOdd

ItzxOdd Not Very Well Known Member

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Personally haven't played Vanilla in ages guess ill take a peek.

13. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    Think of it as a public test, both to gauge your interest and stability.

14. Mooomsy

Mooomsy Moomsy <3 Booster

Local Time:
    RLCRAFT!!!!! ALL CAPS ON PURPOSE !!! WHO WANTS TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE WUUUUUUHUUUUU :3 ok now im done :*

Gabezetrainboy4 and LunaBlossoms like this.
  15. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Will the packs be added to the MYM launcher temporarily?

16. LordEreh

Local Time:
  17. CreepersScareMe5

CreepersScareMe5 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    So as we wind down the Holiday Parade of Servers, I wanted to give my 2 cents. In order of preference:
    • I enjoyed Anti-Matter Chemistry the most for its challenge of starting with minimum resources and having to create your own items from chemical elements.
    • I also thought RLCraft was fun to play, with a lot of wicked mobs and other server features that made survival difficult. Plus, /god won't necessarily save you!
    • After modded Minecraft, I've never really enjoyed the vanilla servers, especially because there are no advanced machinery or other features that make modded such a great playing experience. So neither vanilla server would get my vote.

LunaBlossoms and Willshaper like this.
  18. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I hope for official 1.16 vanilla for every one not Just patron like every 1.16 do far was.

But due to lack of plugins bc mym use mostly sponge ones and not willIng to try something New we dont get it.

19. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    You got that backwards actually. We CAN do vanilla 1.16 for public. It's 1.16 modpacks we cant yet. Sponge isn't even an issue. It's the fact you can't use mods and plugins at the same time. Magma is nearing a stable release though so...soon...

20. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Oof my bad, I mean what you wrote, plugins and mods dont go togheter, prolly i should not post while having 40 temp :p