1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patron zone forums section sugestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BlazeFTB, Jan 28, 2021.

1. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:33 AM
    I always noticed that the patron section on the forums does not have a lot of activity. I think that is due to people not knowing it exists. A suggestion would be allow non-patrons to view threads but not reply or create new ones or vote on polls under that section. Who knows it may even increase patron subscriptions if they see threads that pertain to potential new servers that they may be interested in

2. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:33 AM
    +1 to this suggestion. It may not cause people to post more, but it may give incentive to join

3. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    One of the purposes of the forum is to have a place to share info with patrons that we don't share with the general public.

Maybe we just need more forums?
    -Patron Chat (general chat)
    -Patron Server (non-support threads relating to patron server)
    -Admin's Corner (Secret info/discussions)

With that setup we could let the public view the first two forums.

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:33 AM
    Maybe I am just parton via voting but I am much against "special" part of forum.

On one hand you tell every player is treated equally but on the other hand you just suggested "secret" part of forum for "better" part of community.

I understand special privileges would encourage to buy patron which would fund the running the servers but the very thought of something going on in secret behind back of non-paying part of community displeases me and gives me feeling of being treated better behind patron pay-wall.

Also most of patrons just write on global/general(discord) maybe because of habit or they want to everyone be part of discussion.

ScarletHamster12 likes this.
  5. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:33 AM
    I agree with Ereh. This just goes to further lock info away from the non paying players. It gives them the feeling that their opinion doesn't matter and that MyM would just pander to the patrons. I get making your paying customers happy but what about the other 70-90% of the player base? Are we just hung to dry?

Further alienating the main portion of your player base is a very very bad idea.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  6. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I'm with Ereh and Bun on this one, I think it's good as is.
    Addition:
    I don't think it would help to have more areas that non-patrons can't access. It would only serve to alienate the rest of the playerbase, and make them feel left out, as if they weren't important to the staff team.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:33 AM
    Here is how I currently think about it. Why give people access to something they can't comment on? You are basically dangling something over people's heads without anyway of getting to it or commenting on it.

Kazeodori and mrminesheeps like this.
  8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I agree wholeheartedly that this concept would do nothing more than further alienate the non-patrons from the "high society" group. And like Aido said, why give us the ability to read those forums and not let us comment on them? It's fairly pointless, and would do nothing more than give some backhanded incentive to buy patron. Like B slapping someone and then suggesting they buy it so they don't get slapped again. You see what I'm saying?
    And ntm the fact that "Legacy Tiers" (as they're still sometimes referred to) get nothing out of this either, which would even leave a paying portion of the community out of the loop. It just seems like poor practice.
    Like I and others have said, making a paid information circle is just unnecessary and would only serve to alienate the rest of us from the "high society" side of MyM. Server suggestions unrelated to Patron Only ordeals should be made available to the broad public, full stop.

CanadaBunny likes this.