1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Chunkloading Tweaks for GTNH

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by CanadaBunny, Feb 7, 2021.

1. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:21 PM
    Heyo fellow MyMers!

This is my suggestion today. GTNH has a change either to amount of chunkloader tickets given for each token. Or to up the player loading area to 3x3 20tps area.

As it stands the pack requires way too many machines to be placed within a reasonable area to do most processing for any endgame stuff HV tier and up. Even MV automation is a pain on space.

By the time someone gets to LuV tier they likely have over 60 machines in their base that all needed to be loaded. Thats not to mention the automation setups and multiblocks like the EBF.

Id love the communities thoughts on this and my fellow gregtech players along with the admin team and Sirwill.

I hope to hear back.

LordEreh, mrminesheeps and sp33draft like this.
  2. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:21 PM
    Not a player of GTNH, but I think this is a good idea for any hardcore pack such as this and sevtech where you're required to have lots of machines.
    The only downside I can think of is that too many people having large bases being chunk loaded can cause a lot of strain for the server, but this can happen (almost) as easily without a tweak

sp33draft likes this.
  3. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    i think this is a great idea

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    As a player of the GT:NH server, I can't speak for this enough! Chunkloading is such a pain so I limit myself considerably. If I could 3x3 load on the dime, I'd freaking do it, it'd make my base SO much cleaner and I would do a whole lot less compression. Everything in my base is so compact it drives me insane sometimes. If chunkloading costs were dropped lower, even just for NH, it'd be amazing!

5. sp33draft

Local Time:
    If we are talking about chunk loading I think the amount of offline Chunk loaders for everyone should start at 4 and not 3 using 3 makes building a base more annoying and it looks bad I think I mean you can you can't really build you base a 48 x 48 and sometime (it happened to me) you can go beyond the area without noticing and that can result with quite a few problems (I think It removed a few times a few controllers and once even all of the controllers)

6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:21 AM
    Also how about chunkloaders overllap each other?
    i load my base(im with @mrminesheeps and @gamewiz93) and lets Say i can afford loading 3x3 all the Time with my 17k tokens but I feel like we waste So many tickets bc overlapping chunkloaders. I heard something about that issue was added but i cant remind if for both 1.7 or Just for 1.12+ packs

If cost would be reduce, even only for online loading it would So great especially with no system controlling overlapping.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    -bump- Don't want this dying now!

LordEreh likes this.
  8. Waras_

Waras_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have same issue I built my house split into 4 chunks, I tried loading 3x3 but it drains tickets so fast I cant keep up with it, if things stay like this I'll have to rebuild my house so it does fit into 1 chunk, and go as tall as it needs to be and down too to fit all the machines.

9. sp33draft

Local Time:
    dont make it a one chunk one chunk bases cause performance issues which

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ...means having cheaper, wider chunkloading would be extremely beneficial, as it'd promote separating your stuff out and loading it all versus having an entire factory in a single chunk that you yourself are loading for *free* :)

11. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:21 AM
    free chunkloading? Its... Why i remind certain person when i heard this? Who was he?

btw. If chunkloading was cheaper i would load something away from my base in magic area to spread lagging stuff or any entity much wider so less strugle for server and even better for me bc more FPS bc no 1000 stuff in few chunks

12. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I definitely agree on this as small compact cramped bases make it hard to optimize the wiring for being less laggy and that many entities in a small space kills frame rate and server TPS. I flew by a base and my frame rate dropped to 10 FPS from 60 and GPU utilization went through the roof on GTX 1060 6gb

13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
  14. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:21 PM
    You do not need to bump.
    How much chunkloading does everyone think they will need and is reasonable?

15. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    In GTNH its pretty much mandatory for a lategame base to be 9x9 and chunkloaded 24/7

16. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    While this may be true, I'd say considerably cheaper (And by that, I mean *A whole lot cheaper*) chunkloading should be great. Hell, if 3x3 or 1x1 was *free* it wouldn't be that harmful since we can only place so many loaders, though I suppose free isn't happening. That being said, Canada's not wrong, being able to load a large space constantly is practically a prrequisite to reach the endgame. So we have to consider the possibilities of 5x5 and up loaded spaces.

17. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Ok, let me ask you this...is it really important to spread beyond 3x3? We can easily lower the cost of tickets in heavily loaded chunks and that will help with this pack being so expensive to run in terms of chunk loader tickets. Increasing the radius of the chunk system will obviously require some recoding and thought on how best to implement/manage that.

So, if just making it cheaper to run everything in a 3x3 would help, we can probably implement that solution much faster than expanding the chunk load area to 5x5.

18. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    It would help to reduce the amount costed in a 3x3 yes but in gregtech it gets to a point where you simply dont have room for the machines you need. A production line of polyethlene alone usually requires like 7 machines with specific setups. That is considered an easy and basic resource for semi midgame. Endgame you pretty much need a 9x9 base purely due to how many machines and setups are needed. It would definitely help to have a 3x3 cheaper loading but in the end it won't fully solve it but it would be in the right direction.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Yeah, due to server limitations I can't reasonably setup large production lines, which means I effectively shoot myself in the knees and the feet, as well as my elbows all at the same time. Everything is far slower than it needs to be. I also, again, spend so much time trying to figure out whether or not I can fit just one more machine into my lineup. Having such a small chunkloading space proves inefficient and just impossible for the forseeable longterm. While having a larger chunkloading space would be extremely valuable, and we'd all very much appreciate it if y'all did edit the plugin, I'd say significantly dropping the costs of chunkloading in general (though not necessarily needed for offline loaders) would be immensely valuable.

20. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    The cost multiplier is for heavily loaded chunks. If we expand the area don't expect us to lower the cost of heavy chunks. That's in place for a reason and if we give you more room that is LESS excuse to crowd chunks. :D