1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ae2 Profiler. What does it do and how does it work?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by deepcage, Jan 25, 2021.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    5:48 PM
    So... i have just been going through some of the more recent global change logs and the AE2 Profiler came up quite a few times.

I was hoping someone could explain what values/colors are to be considered as problematic or outright concerning. Because sometimes a system shows up with a 12 or a white 255 or something in the 10.000+ range, but the colors of this text are apparently also important.

When should we notify staff of a lagging system? when is a system really causing issues? I assume a high red value is an issue, but when is it high enough to warrant staff intervention?

Could someone show us a range of numbers and color and what they mean? ill mention @SirWill and @Aidoneus because they are the ones who can probably answer this best. Oh and lets not forget @HanoverFist69 :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Kazeodori likes this.
  2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The number gets bigger the longer the ME-System takes to update the grid. Grid updates constantly happen when auto crafting is running, which is the main source of laggy systems, but grid updates also occur when removing/adding parts from/to the grid.
    Red is concerning, if it's aqua the player should start improving the system and if it's green then it's not as bad but not normal.

3. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    But as for the height of the numbers... theres no importance? its just the colors we should be on the look-out for?

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    From whay sirwilli said number is the "updates" me system make during process

5. alphaest

alphaest Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    When my thaumcraft wand recharges thru the Thaumic Energistics mod crafting table & a energized aura node, the profiler will always print numbers in red.
    Althou it's not for long, there doesn't seem to be anything i can do to improve the system.

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Even if it's an empty me system which only has the required tiles connected?