1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is happening with pixelmon ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by sp33draft, Feb 12, 2021.

1. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper

Local Time:
    12:43 AM
    after Canada and Chase left the staff team no one have heard a thing about the pixelmon server is it still even been working on ?

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    I'd say the answer is either no, or "It's complicated" because since they don't have the plans or the related files, it'll be very difficult to create the server as intended.

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:43 PM
    Member the new titles suggestion?

Just give it the 2 years and you will get pixelmon on MyM.
    Best option is to ask ElectricLemonade, shes the community coordinator and she prolly have the fresh info about such community(bc builder i suppose) project.

4. p5k

p5k Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah don't get your hopes up

5. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:43 PM
    Pixelmon is still being worked on despite the changes in staff. This is also the reason we do not release info to the community until a project is complete or near completion. Do you guys want another pixelmon server that's going to die in a couple weeks? Or do you want something new and different? It takes time and a lot of work from volunteers who don't always have a lot of time to sit down and work on it. I assure you, it hasn't gone anywhere and will be released.

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    What you might not realize is Pixelmon isn't an install-and-done type pack like others. No matter what, you have to setup each gym then build an entire quest chain linking them - and everything else. You have to build the entire npc world, story, sidequests, etc from zero. This requires a lot of knowledge, planning, building, and quest coding. Not to mention the million other little things, mods, and plugins. Since we're back to zero, and don't have the old plans, it's going to take a decent chunk of time to craft all that. Be patient it is being worked on by El, Me, and others.

I don't know much about Pokemon. Just the basics. So I'm not much help in the needed departments unfortunately. :(

7. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper

Local Time:
    Thank you for your reply I understand how hard it is but because no one said anything or put anything on TWOM like before where you could have found a picture that seemed to be from the pixelmon server it seemed like it was dead thank you for still working on it

LadyRen13 likes this.
  8. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Member to include secret sirwilli boss(make him the Master of Team R or something) hidden behind some crazy puzzle.

Hidden buttons that drops scrap of paper with coordinates to another part of puzzle, door with redstone password which is some text with hidden clues!

Gabezetrainboy4 and sp33draft like this.
  9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Someone leak the script to MyM Skies somewhere?

sp33draft likes this.
  10. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am always surprised that there aren’t any kind of plug and play pixelmon mod packs. I mean plenty of other packs apparently can do it where the quest system is already built and even has pre-generated world based off of a template that includes custom structures. Is it because Nintendo is very Sue happy and pack developers don’t wanna get sued by Nintendo?

11. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper

Local Time:
    i dont think so because i know Kehaan makes modpacks with pixelmon and still update it

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I can never see why we don't go with the "plug and play" pixelmon modpack. It'd even give us extra mods to toy with, meaning more things to use for decoration and such. Nonetheless, though, I suppose.

13. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    We are, but they still require you to create a world and build a questline linking all the gyms. That's where we are at now.