1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chunk Render Distance

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Raging_Squiggle, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Raging_Squiggle

Raging_Squiggle Member

Local Time:
    3:23 PM
    I was told to bring this topic here.
    I'm in the middle of a massive build, and I want to be able to save it to schematica to keep once finished, however, it will not save any blocks beyond the chunk render distance. If I could ask to get it increased to probably 8 or 10 chunks instead of the 4, that would work out ok. It'd be for the Tekkit Legend server if it can be done server specific. Plus there's not usually more than 3 or 4 players in there at a time so it wouldn't put that much stress on the server I don't believe. Also, on a related note, it'd be nice to be able to see the whole build in its entirety instead of just pieces of it at a time. Thanks!

2. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is a good idea on paper, but I do not know of the potential ramifications that may ensue from modifying server properties regarding a single modpack. Perhaps an @Administrator can give some input.

3. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:23 PM
    Yeah.... I don't see this happening. The server already has enough issues with the current distance. Imagine if players can have a bigger render distance?

4. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    The problem with increasing view distance is it increases cpu and ram usage drastically. More mobs, terrain, etc per player online.

The easiest solution here is prob a WorldDownload of your base. Then make a schematic in SP. We can get the files for you if for some reason WD wont do entire area.

Obviously that wont help if you want this for MP though. If that's what you want I think your only option is to make a set of smaller schematics (break base into sections).

5. Raging_Squiggle

Raging_Squiggle Member

Local Time:
    I just want it saved to my hard drive for any future use, whatever method I can employ to get the entirety of the base saved in one schematic (avoiding parsing it out if possible). Is WorldDownload a client mod that I can use?

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time: