1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against reset infinity

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by sp33draft, Feb 27, 2021.

?

what do you think should happen

1. reset

2. a new node

3. nothing

4. potato

5. avocado

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    i think it about time infinity should be reset again i wanted to start again on infinity but almost the entire map is landscape is ruined by ruins, grief, cobble towers

i tried looking for a good place to start building my starter with draconic armor for some time and couldnt find a place that it landscape was ruined and i believe that if new players try to join the server they will leave because they cant find a place to build a base

i think there should be a new node or a reset

and i saw what was told to redshii about making a ticket and a Sr.Mod can regenerate the area but i dont think this will fix the problem for new players when they come and cant find a place to build they would most likely just leave to a new server

KevinTheFox likes this.
  2. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:00 AM
    I am currently surveying the entire world for damage, and any chunk regions that I find that do not have active bases will be regenerated. I agree the overworld is all but ruined, but this should help.

KevinTheFox and sp33draft like this.
  3. sp33draft

Local Time:
    i guess it is a fix but can you really do the entire world ? if you can that would be great for everyone

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  4. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    Yes. Rather than world-edit a couple chunks at a time, our admin team can reset entire regions at once. Using JourneyMap, I can survey damaged regions that do not have active bases, and send that information to the admins for regeneration.

sp33draft likes this.
  5. sp33draft

Local Time:
    that sound great thank you gabe and everyone that is going to fix infinity :)

LadyRen13 and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  6. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    No problem ;)
    You see, I've reached my goal of 1 million myms on infinity, but I still haven't finished various mega builds yet :p

sp33draft likes this.
  7. Redshii

Redshii Moderator Build Team

Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    Thanks Gabe!

A few days ago we were discussing on the server how far we can go in terms of restoring bad regened chunks ourselves. There are obviously parts of bases that were out of a claim and didn't get restored properly. In what terms are we allowed to restore those ourselves? Technically it's griefing and we don't mind the consequences, but can we get told what is allowed and what isn't? We get that we can make tickets, but the community doesn't mind fixing the world that's slightly damaged on their own.

Of course we don't fix obvious active bases or bases that have machinery in them, just the usual (cobble) walls with no chests, etc.

Thanks!

sp33draft likes this.
  8. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    In the case of individual bases, it is best to make a ticket for us Sr. Mods to regenerate the base manually.

This is because we can view the logs to prove if there is player activity, whether it be deep underground or reclamation of a previously used base.

And of course, we, using world edit, can regenerate millions of blocks in minutes if need be. I understand the desire to fix up the world, but I also don’t want your time to be wasted on things that could be rectified in minutes by us.

Thanks

BookerTheGeek and sp33draft like this.
  9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    Regenerating chunks requires us to use world edit. That's not a tool we let just anyone have access too as it can quickly go awry in the unpracticed hands. So I can't forsee a day where we allow players to do it themselves, but if you open a ticket from the offending territory it can be repaired by staff.

BookerTheGeek and sp33draft like this.
  10. sp33draft

Local Time:
    i see a battle in here potato vs avocado let say next week the one with the more votes win

11. Alinston

Alinston Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:30 AM
    Well, at least it's not being reset. I'd rather not the months of time poured into my base to just go poof, only to have a memory of it in singleplayer.

Nothing wrong with the current server, just needs some cleaning up.

12. sp33draft

Local Time:
    i forgot to ask when will this is going to happen or it happened already ?

13. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    The Overworld is approximately 10,000 blocks squared, making for 100 million square blocks. I've written a script to navigate the world to mark on my journey map, which conveniently splits the world into picture format based on chunk region files.

For example, this is region r.0.0.mca:
    [​IMG]

I currently have about 200 of these regions, covering 85-90% of the entire map. I still need to catalogue each image and see if each has an active base. From there, I can send the unpopulated region information to the admins who can easily reset the mess.

I'm doing this alone so it has taken quite a while, but be rest assured, things should be nearing completion soon. I'll post any updates in this thread.

FatherPhil2, sp33draft and Sannukun like this.
  14. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    Here, we see proof that Gabe is indeed a flipping LEGEND.

15. Alinston

Alinston Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:30 AM
    Gabeze. You're going to make Infinity Evolved's servers infinite. Literally.

16. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    Hello all,

I have completed collecting map data with JourneyMap, and am currently checking each region for an active base.

This is the second to last step in the process, and everything appears to be going well.
    In a week or two we'll be enjoying a fresh and unblemished landscape.

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm doing:
    [​IMG]

17. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:00 AM
    Generally, decided against. However, Gabe is in the process of helping clean up the map.

18. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    Although it took much longer than expected, I've checked each and every region for an active base. The admin team will reset the unoccupied regions shortly.

19. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    WOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Good job Gabe!!!

Gabezetrainboy4 and sp33draft like this.
  20. sp33draft

Local Time:
    you are amazing. this is unbelievable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.