1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Vanilla shop tweaks and add more items.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by LordEreh, Mar 10, 2021.

1. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:11 PM
    When I saw changelogs about New items at shop - hype.
    When i saw the actual shop - cringe.

For Real stack of dirt have same buy price as Iron?
    If iron(as farmable item) was added why no other items? If prices Will be kept like that only iron would be only profitable mean to earn Myms.

Why not add diorite, andesite and granie same price as cobble, why not add sugarcane, bamboo, leather, obsidian, redstone, lapis, diamond even emeralds that require ACTUAL EFFORD to get them?

2. LadyRen13

LadyRen13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    I have to agree with you Lord Ereh. The shop has a lot of room to grow. I agree that more blocks should be added and set to different prices to have a more diverse market. I'm looking forward to see what updates the Admin Team have in store coming up!

SovereignEternal likes this.
  3. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I was once the sr. moderator/jr. admin of vanilla server(free build) So if ya want i can help with shop prices but:
    1. On what item price should be centered - its important if cobble buy price is 30 myms Iron cant be the same like its rn
    2. We want to Focus on P2P trades or we make community grinders/farms(on server i was admin we had "quarries" for Sand, Wood, Clay So we dont have destroyed overwolf much)
    3. We want to ppl earn myms faster to claim more space for their builds?

Idk how much villager are tweaked but farmable items Such as crops, baboo, Iron, Gold shoulb be cheaper but scaffold, cooked food or anything that require actual efford much more profitwble eg. Sugarcanes cheap, paper little more myms but fireworks(for elytra) much more myms bc u need to make mob/creeper farm and do crafting.

Also we need MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE items in shop, we cant let ppl feel like doing a Iron farm the best Way to earn myms like its rn but provide steady earn for ppl who are farmera, ranchers or builder who smelt cobble to strona or make stone brocka or whatever crafting or mining with silk touch enchant(grass podzol, mycellium)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    _Cilo_ likes this.
  4. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    4:11 AM
    The Server Shop was never meant to be an actual market. It's there to allow players a guaranteed way to gain some MyM so they can buy claim blocks in the early game. This was the only way to do this unfortunately. So I was only looking at the Sell price right now.

The player Market is supposed to be the primary market - just like all the other servers. The server shop will be used to set a top price for mats to keep the player market stable and to allow new players to gain some MyM. The Shop Buy price will need to be adjusted for this.

It will take some time to get the Market going. And I will likely have to make further adjustments to the Shop. It's really just about getting the economy up and balanced.

Note: Originally the Shop had almost all items in game and I stripped it down to this. So, adding items is simple enough.

REASON FOR ALL THIS: The MyM Vote plugin/token system needs to be updated for 1.16. Once that is working we can lose the server shop and run this server with a setup just like every other server.

LadyRen13 and SovereignEternal like this.
  5. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I totally agree with this.
    I will add, however, that it would be awesome if regular stone could be added to the shop, as many use silk touch for general mining.

LadyRen13 likes this.
  6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Went the other route and just reset the shop to defaults. We'll trim down any items that cause problems later.

7. LordEreh

Local Time:
    WOW, just WOW.